RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
I can just hear the exchange in college now:

Some clown: "Lemonmacasswipe, why'd you take Calculus as an elective??"

Lemonmacbastard: "Because I like to FUCK...thank you Dalton"

You guys are giving me the path to glory.

LemonMacPhisto said:

You guys are giving me the path to glory.

I live to coach the young.

Here is the photo from my last book cover.

22619053.jpg

Sicy, no need to add.

Dalton said:

22619053.jpg

Sicy, no need to add.

It goes without saying, but, I'll say it anyway...the "Sicy, no need to add" makes this post fucking hilarious.

Well played.

I'm 19. I want you all to know that. And at the moment I'd rather listen to In Rainbows than talk to guys :drool: of course ideally i could go talk to guys who are also listening to in rainbows :wink:

I've listened to the album straight through (or with some interruptions) at least 12 times... and I've listened to some tracks more than that. I'm sure I've listened to All I Need over 20 times already.

I listened to Bodysnatchers when I was running today and it was almost like I could fly :rockon: amazing.

and 15 Step makes me wanna dance :dance: also i never thought there would be radiohead i could have sex to but this album .. .:drool:

AtomicBono said:

I listened to Bodysnatchers when I was running today and it was almost like I could fly :rockon: amazing.

SAME. IT'S THE PERFECT SONG TO RUN TO Y/N?

All this talk of math and sex reminded me of this great line:

"Twins, Max! 16 years-old. Can you imagine the mathematical possibilities?"

Name the movie. FTW, of course.

I was about to listen to some other music for the first time in 2 days, and I started looking through everything (47 gigs worth!), and I was like, "nah...I'll just start Rainbows again."

I know I've beat it into the ground, but...

Reckoner is on another level from everything else on this record, and this record is good.

Reckoner's falsetto is quite impressive. I must also say that Videotape is growing on me exceedingly quickly, especially the bit concerning Mephistopholes.

I just finished watching Meeting People Is Easy, and it really got me thinking.

Hearing Thom play Follow Me Around...it really reminded me of why I listen to this band so obsessively and why I love them so much: they make really wonderful music. Sometimes you forget how amazing a band is when you listen to the same albums over and over, but you remember when you hear them play something you're not entirely familiar with.

It reminded me of the day that I picked up OK Computer. I was 13, and it blew my brain out the back of my head. Never before that had I been exposed to such cold, alienating, paranoid music...but it stuck. Oh yes, it did. I LOVED it. Then when I was exposed to Kid A, it pushed that a step further, and I wasn't ready for it. It baffled me. It was all of the lyrical coldness of OK Computer on a greater scale. It was a frightening record. But now I love it because of that intense chilliness.

In Rainbows reminded me of the pure joy I had listening to OK Computer. I nearly hyperventilated when I heard those emails had been sent out. And then, after I burned the thing to a disc and popped it in, hearing 15 Step was such a relief. The band I love is BACK. Not in the "oh, they have a new record out...cool..." kind of way, but in the "Oh, damn...they're working on a completely different plane again" kind of way.

Hearing the album in a larger, more expansive manner this evening was nothing short of revelatory. House Of Cards and All I Need blew my brain out again...(and I had just put it back in the other day. It took me forever to find it after that one day the first notes of Airbag struck
my ears :wink: ).

So remember why you're here, and celebrate the fact that Radiohead are back and destroying the competition without even trying. :up:

I've gone 1 hour of consciousness without listening to Rainbows and I'm starting to get the shakes.

Is there some kind of musical methadone that will stave off the need to hear Rainbows again and again?

Something just tells me I won't be be able to fall asleep unless I have my iPod and headphones playing it.

Makes me think of the Amy Winehouse marijuana anthem Addicted: "It's got me addicted/does more than any dick did...", but substitute the weed for Rainbows and the dick for...well, you know.

Dalton said:

22619053.jpg

Sicy, no need to add.

I'm sorry, but I had to quote this again.

Funniest thing I've read on Interference in quite some time. NSW was right, the final line puts it over the top.

I think I would have gone with a Pat Morita/Miyagi pic instead, but to each his own.

lazarus said:
I've gone 1 hour of consciousness without listening to Rainbows and I'm starting to get the shakes.

Is there some kind of musical methadone that will stave off the need to hear Rainbows again and again?

:lol: I'm going to use Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Videotape should flow very well into I Am Trying To Break Your Heart.

I have probably a totally stupid question: Which site do I have to go to for the download and why can I not access a single Radiohead site, are they all down or what?

1. House of Cards
2. Nude
3. Recknoer
4. Faust arp (too short)
4. All I need/Arpeggi
5. 15 Step
6. Body snatchers
7. Last two songs

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
I have probably a totally stupid question: Which site do I have to go to for the download and why can I not access a single Radiohead site, are they all down or what?

I have a link to a .zip file of my copy. PM me if you want the link.

:wink:

P.S. I'm only going to be up for about 5 more minutes, so hurry if you want it tonight.

Dare I say, could the Bodysnatchers riff be the single best guitar riff Radiohead have ever put on record? I mean...it's not exactly like RH are an overly guitar-heavy band here...guitar riffs aren't really their thing. The list of competetors for 'best guitar riff' isn't that long...

Just?
Paranoid Android?
Electroengineering?
Climbing Up The Walls?
National Anthem?
I Might Be Wrong?
2+2=5?
Go To Sleep?
Myxamatosis?
Bodysnatchers?

I'm having trouble ranking at this point. What I do know is that I can not get the last minute of All I Need out of my head (I think whatever Dalton caught is contagious). It is gorgeous on a level you don't hear very often.

After that...not sure. Maybe House of Cards and Arpeggi then Reckoner, I don't know...Videotape is like this beautiful little baby that won't stop shitting (okay, I know that's like ALL babies but just go with it) and I'm not sure if I should smother it while I can still live with myself, or love it despite its flaws, and have to wash my hands every time I play with it.

Christ, someone needs to fix my metaphor machine.

Despite my best intentions to the opposite, Videotape is growing on me.

Damn! I guess you just can't hide the brilliance of that tune, no matter how much you chop off its arms and legs!!!

"Denial. Denial." Definitely my favorite, single, isolated moment on the album. FUCKING GORGEOUS!

namkcuR said:
Dare I say, could the Bodysnatchers riff be the single best guitar riff Radiohead have ever put on record? I mean...it's not exactly like RH are an overly guitar-heavy band here...guitar riffs aren't really their thing. The list of competetors for 'best guitar riff' isn't that long...

Just?
Paranoid Android?
Electroengineering?
Climbing Up The Walls?
National Anthem?
I Might Be Wrong?
2+2=5?
Go To Sleep?
Myxamatosis?
Bodysnatchers?

I don't know if it constitutes a riff, but the lead guitar in Black Star is awesome.

I love Bodysnatchers but I think I'd still give the edge to Myxomatosis or I Might Be Wrong. Of course, I might be--never mind.

lazarus said:

I don't know if it constitutes a riff, but the lead guitar in Black Star is awesome.

I love Bodysnatchers but I think I'd still give the edge to Myxomatosis or I Might Be Wrong. Of course, I might be--never mind.

I thought about Black Star...the riff is great, you're right, but...I dunno, I guess I never thought of Black Star as a 'rock' song. But the riff is great so I guess we'll include it. And add My Iron Lung in there too.

Just
My Iron Lung
Black Star
Paranoid Android
Electroengineering
Climbing Up The Walls
National Anthem
I Might Be Wrong
2+2=5
Go To Sleep
Myxamatosis
Bodysnatchers

FitzChivalry said:

I have a link to a .zip file of my copy. PM me if you want the link.

:wink:

P.S. I'm only going to be up for about 5 more minutes, so hurry if you want it tonight.

Sorry, I'm at work right now (time difference, I know).

I cannot PM, but I can give you my e-mail:

zypresse28@yahoo.de

Thanks a lot!!!!

You know what All I Need is like?

It sounds like(and I'm not talking about lyrics here, I'm talking about the music) two lovers in foreplay...perhaps standing close to each other, facing each other, whispering stuff to each other, stroking each other's face, each slowly putting their hands on each other, both thinking to themselves about whether they should go through with it...and then the last minute when it explodes is these two finally giving in, tearing off clothes, falling onto a bed, doing the deed, etc. You get the picture.

Ok, that imagery was probably uncomfortable to read, but that's what the music sounds like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom