RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
impy13 said:

Despite my being childish, joyful, if I pull off GAs on Saturday I'd also be willing to let go of my seats to you for face. Our good history outweighs this little hiccup today

:)

martha said:

You do realize that calling me names isn't allowed here, right?

smielephantin7.gif

LemonMelon said:
Come on, guys, let's think of the Simpsons and be happy! :happy:

Scalper: Give me, er, 30,000 tickets.
Ticket woman: That'll be $950,000 please.
Scalper: Look, the thing about that is, I only got $10 on me. Can I pay you the rest later?
Ticket woman: Sure.

haha, that was classic.

anyway...

even though i've moved to europe, radiohead are no closer to me than when i lived in canada.

i might see if i can get lucky and buy some tickets off someone when i figure out a city i'd be willing to fly to.

those who got tickets, congrats. those who did not, hopefully you'll get in yet!

joyful,
I was able to get a refund from waste for the reserved tickets that I initially bought. I am so happy about this.. they were amazingly quick to respond to my email today I was so appreciative let me tell ya. So sorry I don't have the tix anymore.. Good luck I am sure you will get some this saturday or thru a fellow RH fan..

and impy.. I take offense to you calling Martha names.. not ok.. and not cool either..:mad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
joyful,
I was able to get a refund from waste for the reserved tickets that I initially bought. I am so happy about this.. they were amazingly quick to respond to my email today I was so appreciative let me tell ya. So sorry I don't have the tix anymore.. Good luck I am sure you will get some this saturday or thru a fellow RH fan..

Cool. Glad it worked out. Yes, I sense I'll get a ticket to a show somewhere, somehow. And if not, c'est la vie.

I had a COMPLETELY different experience than all of you - and I was on a fairly slow computer at work. :eyebrow:

I got on to the site just before 9:00 EST and saw all the venues and the Reserved and GA/Pit. Knowing that St. Louis is the closest venue, I purchased two GA/PIT for St. Louis, and could not believe how easy it was. Luck, maybe????

Anyway...if anyone wants to meet me in St. Louis, I have an extra GA (the fiance cannot go).

zonelistener said:
I had a COMPLETELY different experience than all of you - and I was on a fairly slow computer at work. :eyebrow:

I got on to the site just before 9:00 EST and saw all the venues and the Reserved and GA/Pit. Knowing that St. Louis is the closest venue, I purchased two GA/PIT for St. Louis, and could not believe how easy it was. Luck, maybe????

Anyway...if anyone wants to meet me in St. Louis, I have an extra GA (the fiance cannot go).

I think that's probably a slow/small market. It was the last of the bunch to sell out. If Radiohead scheduled a Denver show, I'm sure I'd score good tickets immediately for the same reason. I thought I'd luck out with Charlotte being smaller but then I realized it was drawing the Atlanta fans, too. I got on at 7 on the nose and Atlanta was already sold out and Charlotte sold out a couple minutes later while I was stuck on one screen. I had added tickets to a basket but then the screen froze and the 5 minute limit to complete transaction passed. :mad: Wish I could join you in St. Louis but the middle of the week doesn't work for me.

martha said:

San Diego, Santa Barbara, LA. :)

I hate the San Diego venue and said never again. (But...never say never...)

But Santa Barbara or LA.... :hmm: LA will likely have mulitple nights, right? And that might fall during my summer break. :hyper:

joyfulgirl said:

I think that's probably a slow/small market. It was the last of the bunch to sell out. If Radiohead scheduled a Denver show, I'm sure I'd score good tickets immediately for the same reason.

Stupid midwesterners outside of Chicago (and sometimes Minneapolis and Madison). :angry:

Yeah...if they played Denver, they would be playing Red Rocks :drool:

Good luck to all you fellow Saturday-ers. I'm hoping ticketmaster got a decent allotment of GAs.

Judging by how quickly the waste sales were over, I can only assume there is a sizable chunk of tickets from every corner of every venue. I think you might have some luck, LemmyMelly.

Another good idea is to check the atease ticket exchange. They generally seem to be as helpful as the people here (ticketwise) and will probably have more spares to unload as the shows get closer.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

woot.. lemon.. hope you get some tix..

<<< I'll be there :D

:dance:

Nissan Pavilion looks awesome. I love outdoor venues.

impy13 said:
Judging by how quickly the waste sales were over, I can only assume there is a sizable chunk of tickets from every corner of every venue. I think you might have some luck, LemmyMelly.

Another good idea is to check the atease ticket exchange. They generally seem to be as helpful as the people here (ticketwise) and will probably have more spares to unload as the shows get closer.

Will do. I'm a regular atease user, so it won't seem like I'm just mooching. :wink:

What do you think of this, gang?

My seats for Radiohead in Dallas will, in all likelihood, be pretty decent. If I were to package those and my GA tickets for Wilco in Houston for a pair of Radiohead pit tickets, do you think I could swing a trade?

I'm definitely considering this. As much as I love Wilco, I've seen them several times and have seemingly infinite opportunities to do so. I think it's a package that just might work out for me.

This is, of course, provided I don't get lucky with pit tickets on Saturday.

impy13 said:
What do you think of this, gang?

My seats for Radiohead in Dallas will, in all likelihood, be pretty decent. If I were to package those and my GA tickets for Wilco in Houston for a pair of Radiohead pit tickets, do you think I could swing a trade?

I'm definitely considering this. As much as I love Wilco, I've seen them several times and have seemingly infinite opportunities to do so. I think it's a package that just might work out for me.

This is, of course, provided I don't get lucky with pit tickets on Saturday.

Mark Cuban and I both approve.

Hopefully the Wilco tickets don't block the trade.

Maybe I could throw in SLAVA MEDVEDENKOOOOO in as filler.

impy13 said:
Hopefully the Wilco tickets don't block the trade.

Maybe I could throw in SLAVA MEDVEDENKOOOOO in as filler.

Quite frankly, you should throw in some Cheese Doodles.

A guy on craigslist has been emailing me about trading straight up his two Dallas pit for my seats if the seats wind up being good enough.

And I wouldn't even have to throw in the Wilco tickets, Slava, Cheese Doodles, or cash considerations.

Wow, it sounds like some of you really had a shit time with getting tickets. :( I hope I don't have that much trouble when the Canadian tickets go on sale... (2nd leg, I'm assuming).

Well, Gibby, hopefully Radiohead's PR people don't leak the presale hour to some blog for the next sale, making it easier for scalpers to do their thing.

If they don't, I bet you'll be fine. They did this time.

impy13 said:
Well, Gibby, hopefully Radiohead's PR people don't leak the presale hour to some blog for the next sale, making it easier for scalpers to do their thing.

If they don't, I bet you'll be fine. They did this time.

They actually did that? Holy shit... :down:

Well not that it matters for anyone in this thread, but after lengthy research and with much gratefulness to Marilyn Manson fans, I can confirm that my venue has no GA tickets. Which royally sucks.

I'm buying ticketmaster tickets tomorrow and I'm going to be hoping that the waste tickets are infinitely better. I've been reading that they usually are, but since I got them kind of late in the game I'd rather not take a chance.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. See you in eight hours. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom