RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:
I want Pearl Jam to cover Bodysnatchers. The song was made to be covered by Eddie!

Imagine Eddie and Thom. :drool: Bodysnatchers is completely reminiscent of PJ...in a completely wonderful way.

Zoots, what's your email address?

djerdap said:

Definitely. The song structure is practically the same as Do the Evolution.

I agree. :up: It's like a fusion of DTE and Grievance. I've always liked fusion. :nerd:

Zootlesque said:

Why? You sending me goodies? :hyper: :wink:

muralee_s@hotmail.com

Mayyybe! :shh:

Expect an email over the weekend. :D

In other Bodysnatcher news, I bought the Rolling Stone Radiohead edition yesterday. I like this part:

Thom Yorke has said the lyrics to this guitar-driven track were partly inspired by Victorian ghost stories. It was recorded in a live take in a dilapidated country mansion. "It was disgusting," recalls Ed O'Brien. "The place hadn't been lived in for years. There were holes in the atrium. Nigel [Godrich] thought we needed an adventure.

:drool:

hey all!

dates are on the horizon.... :D

Florida date announced, more to follow
Posted on February 11th, 2008.

The long-awaited dates for Radiohead’s North-American tour are expected soon. According to various rumours most of the dates will be announced tomorrow (Tuesday February 12th). But one already surfaced.

Fans in Florida can already mark May 5th in their calendars, when Radiohead will be playing the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach. This is the first of East Coast dates which will most likely take place in May, after the European tour in June and July, the band will head back for the West Coast in August. All of this still needs to be confirmed. More on that tomorrow… but keep Saturday February 16th available, when most of the tickets will probably go on sale, through Ticketmaster.

For now, where still waiting for the dates and venues for Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, St Louis, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington DC.

And if you need a place to park your car in Atlanta? Try the Lakewood Amphitheatre parking lot this summer.

:hmm: should I take a trip to west palm beach too... :wink:

East Coast in May works for me, too. Maybe I can see my mom for Mother's Day and Radiohead in the same visit, and after a visit with the family, I will NEED to see Radiohead.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Fans in Florida can already mark May 5th in their calendars, when Radiohead will be playing the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach.

Consider it marked! Especially since I have the sinking feeling that they will be booking the Miami date when I'll be out of the country. :(

:hyper:

First leg dates are out!

MAY 08
NORTH AMERICA

Mon 5
Cruzan Amphitheatre
West Palm Beach, FL

Tue 6
Ford Amphitheatre
Tampa, FL

Thu 8
Lakewood Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

Fri 9
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Charlotte, NC

Sun 11
Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge
Bristow, VA

Wed 14
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
St Louis, MO

Sat 17
Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Houston, TX

Sun 18
Superpages.com Center
Dallas, TX

w.a.s.t.e sale is this Thursday the 14th. With NY not until August apparently, looks like I will be visiting Atlanta in May. :)

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Bristow, VA = 2 hours, 42 minute drive. We could do that in a single day. :hmm:

me too! :hyper: not a 2 hour drive but more like an hour for me..

is waste gonna send out an email on this I wonder? There is no time yet on the presale.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

is waste gonna send out an email on this I wonder? There is no time yet on the presale.

I'm wondering the same thing. Regardless, it looks like I'll be taking my laptop to class so I can get tickets then.

I'm unsure about my two show caper I'm planning, though. I'd rather be GA for one than have lawn seats for two.

according to atease:

It’s unclear what time tickets will go on sale. In the past, times have not been announced and it’s not expected for Thursday either. They usually don’t go on sale before 10 am (UK Time).

so you and I and others here in US are gonna be up at the crack o' dawn trying for tix.. :yawn:

If the Bristow show weren't on Mother's Day I could do both the Charlotte and Bristow shows but it would be mean cutting my visit to see mom too short. I just put an American Airlines award ticket on hold for that weekend. This will hold me over until the west coast tour. :hyper:

That's lame. Oh well. I'm willing to take the gamble. I just wants me some GAs.

Remember that dance Snoopy does where his arms are outstretched, his head is in the air, and he frantically moves his legs?

snoopydanceqq8.jpg

Yeah, that's the one.

I did that when I heard this news.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

so you and I and others here in US are gonna be up at the crack o' dawn trying for tix.. :yawn:

:grumpy:

I could use one of my 45 sick days and call in sick. :hmm:

impy13 said:
That's lame. Oh well. I'm willing to take the gamble. I just wants me some GAs.

Remember that dance Snoopy does where his arms are outstretched, his head is in the air, and he frantically moves his legs?

snoopydanceqq8.jpg

Yeah, that's the one.

I did that when I heard this news.

yeah... that would be me too, if I weren't here at work...:D

U2Fanatic4ever said:

OMFG.. you have 45 sick days??????????? :ohmy: I wanna work where ur at.. :wink:

They carry over from year to year. I don't get 45 days in one year, lol!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
according to atease:

It’s unclear what time tickets will go on sale. In the past, times have not been announced and it’s not expected for Thursday either. They usually don’t go on sale before 10 am (UK Time).

Shit. I'll have to stay up till 4 AM or something to even have a shot. :sad:

At least the venues the band is playing are pretty good size. There may be hope yet. :crack:

LemonMelon said:

Shit. I'll have to stay up till 4 AM or something to even have a shot. :sad:

At least the venues the band is playing are pretty good size. There may be hope yet. :crack:

all I know is.. I want GA pit tix... :D so whatever sleep I lose will be worth it.. :wink:

omg.. the tix at Nissan Pavillion are cheap.. "US $41.00 - US $61.00" and they do have the GA Pit setup... :yippie:

thank you RH for not selling tix at ridiculous prices.. now that's class.. :bow:

After thinking about it and investigating my bank account, I think I can only make one. That one is going to be Dallas.

I might just not be a bitch and do both, though. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom