RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lazarus said:
Personally, I prefer the Virginia setlist. St. Louis got one extra song, but compare these lists of exclusive songs:

Virginia
Lucky
Just
Like Spinning Plates
The National Anthem
Karma Police
Go Slowly
Planet Telex

St. Louis/B]
Airbag
Kid A
The Gloaming
You and Whose Army
Exit Music
My Iron Lung
There There

As I can't stand The Gloaming and My Iron Lung (no way this is better than hearing Planet Telex) , it's no contest for me. Lucky is my fav OK Computer track, and I like Karma more than Exit Music. And while I'd love to hear the climax of You And Whose Army live, Like Spinning Plates was a real treat. National Anthem easily trumps Kid A, though I like the latter a lot.

Yeah, after thinking about it some, I'd be inclined to agree. There There and Kid A are brilliant, but I would take Like Spinning Plates over YAWA, and probably Telex over My Iron Lung. Plus, Karma Police >>>>>>>> Exit Music for me every time. Oh, and St. Louis didn't get an extra song; 25 songs were played at both. :up:

A few more shots from Wed.

Radioh_eadSTL037.jpg

Radioh_eadSTL049.jpg

Radioh_eadSTL048.jpg

Radioh_eadSTL060.jpg

Radioh_eadSTL022.jpg

Radioh_eadSTL028.jpg

Radioh_eadSTL064.jpg

A lot of Ed, but that is because he was right in front of me. Some of them are kinda blurry...but I am no professional.

Here's tonight's setlist:

he band have soundchecked Portishead’s ‘The Rip’ again. 15 Step, Dollars and Cents, Arpeggi, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, A Wolf at the Door and Karma Police were also played. Support band, Liars, dedicated a song to Radiohead during their set.

Setlist:
01. 15 Step
02. Bodysnatchers
03. Lucky
04. Morning Bell
05. Nude
06. Pyramid Song
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. The National Anthem
10. Faust Arp
11. Videotape
12. Optimistic - Thom says this is off Kid A, when “They thought we completely lost it. We thought that was the point”
13. Where I End And You Begin
14. Reckoner
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. All I Need
17. There There

encore 1:
18. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
19. House of Cards
20. Climbing Up The Walls
21. Planet Telex
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

encore 2:
23. You And Whose Army?
24. Idioteque

Looks like they changed up the opening for the first time this tour. I think 15 Step works a lot better than All I Need as an opener. Following it with Bodysnatchers makes for a nice one-two punch.

I don't like Idioteque as a closer. It's upbeat, but not powerful enough of a song in the emotion department for me.

Like the move of All I Need, but would be even better as the main set closer.

Wolf at the Door soundchecked: :drool:

I thought Reckoner was a beautiful closer. I felt a sense of closure with that one whereas a song like Idioteque would leave me wanting more--it gets you going and then dumps you. But, as I've said before, I'm not to fussy about Radiohead setlists, and that goes for the song order as well.

I'm listening to Kid A right now preparing to make a Radiohead comp for a friend of mine. This is fucking baller.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm listening to Kid A right now preparing to make a Radiohead comp for a friend of mine. This is fucking baller.

I love my Kid A, but I'm struggling to think of it as a 5-star album of late. I'm not enjoying Morning Bell at all for some reason, I'm finding it's skipable, while I used to think it was a grand song. Dunno why, but Kid A is sounding tarnished for some reason....kinda frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom