RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jphelmet said:

didn't get there until about 15 minutes before rh went on.

when you have two little boys (2 and 7months) its hard to get out of the house at all. combine that with traffic in atlanta, and i was just glad i didn't miss any of the show.

after all that i walked right in, and moved up to about 5 people back right in front of ed.

Thanks, good to know. I have GAs for a show in August and I'm glad to know I don't have to get in line at 6AM. I guess Radiohead aren't U2 yet. I was also at the Atlanta show. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Damn, St. Louis got a better set than we did. And no rain. :( Airbag, Kid A, My Iron Lung, There There...WTF.

But I see Karma Police never made a return. Interesting. I wonder if that was just a one-off or if they'll be bringing it back regularly.

yeah man. st. louis had a killer setlist.

still waiting for 2+2=5. but airbag, fake plastic trees and my iron lung are the three songs i want to see most at a live show, and st louis got all of them in one night. lucky buggers.

I was so happy to hear Airbag in Atlanta. Or was it Charlotte? I heard Airbag somewhere.

:cute: in Charlotte
bingohallreturnplease.jpg

Does this mean they're touring the States by bus to reduce their carbon footprint rather than jetting off to NYC between shows?

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
where the hell is zoney???? :waiting: :grumpy:

I didn't bring my laptop to St. Louis...just got back!

AMAZING show. I was on the rail JUST right of the light bars (ed's side).

Bummer: I ad a lot of trouble selling the extra pit ticket I had. People were trying to give tickets away. I eventually found a scalper and sold the ticket to him for $20 (figuring this would cover dinner). That sucked.

So, I got in and headed for the pit. I noticed that the rail was open in front of where the lights would be, and figured this would be a great spot. This was about 15 minutes before Liars went on.

Did I mention how great of a show it was? Great list. So happy they ended with Android. And Exit Music and the whole new album. :D

I purchased one of the bottles for $25, but forgot about the snowglobe (it would look great with my U2 and Fargo snowglobes). I'll pick it up in August.

I'll post more pictures after my run...but here is a teaser:

Radioh_eadSTL061.jpg

U2Fanatic4ever said:

he has a Whole Foods bag... wtg Thom.. my fav place...

I hunted down a Whole Foods on my trip. Too bad it wasn't the one in Charlotte. Can you imagine running into a Radiohead at a Whole Foods??

zoney!!! Awesome. But I can't believe you couldn't sell a GA. What is wrong with St. Louis??

Personally, I prefer the Virginia setlist. St. Louis got one extra song, but compare these lists of exclusive songs:

Virginia
Lucky
Just
Like Spinning Plates
The National Anthem
Karma Police
Go Slowly
Planet Telex

St. Louis/B]
Airbag
Kid A
The Gloaming
You and Whose Army
Exit Music
My Iron Lung
There There

As I can't stand The Gloaming and My Iron Lung (no way this is better than hearing Planet Telex) , it's no contest for me. Lucky is my fav OK Computer track, and I like Karma more than Exit Music. And while I'd love to hear the climax of You And Whose Army live, Like Spinning Plates was a real treat. National Anthem easily trumps Kid A, though I like the latter a lot.

from billboard.com regarding the nightmare that was the Bristow, VA show..

Radiohead Fans Up In Arms Over Virginia Concert
Radiohead

May 15, 2008, 12:05 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville
Radiohead's rain-drenched May 11 sellout at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, Va., has resulted in an Internet-driven firestorm, with message boards and the blogosphere lighting up amid fan frustration.

The D.C. market was faced with monsoon-like conditions around the show, with an estimated four inches of rain and flooding forcing road closures and maddening traffic conditions. Apparently a significant number of fans -- hundreds or thousands, depending on who is estimating -- were extremely late or unable to get into the show for a variety of reasons.

As such, many fans have taken to the Internet to vent their dissatisfaction, with neither the venue, the promoter nor the band being spared. One area blogger offers this headline: "Radiohead @ Nissan: You Both Suck."

Radiohead's Web site offers the following comment: "Due to Sunday night's torrential rain storm and consequential multiple road closures, many fans were unable to reach the Nissan Pavilion. While acknowledging a lack of control over the ensuing flooding and detours, the members of Radiohead are nevertheless disappointed regarding this turn of events. For further inquiries, ticket holders who didn't get in are urged to contact: customerservice@nissanpavilion.com."

Nissan Pavilion owner/operator Live Nation has offered fans that were turned away tickets to an Aug. 12 show at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, N.J. (near Philadelphia), or tickets to a show of their choice at Nissan Pavilion (subject to availability).

"While we have no control over Mother Nature, we certainly are disappointed that some fans did not make it to the venue," says Live Nation spokesman John Vlautin. "We take customer service very seriously and urge ticketholders to contact customerservice@nissanpavilion.com, where we will resolve their issues on a case-by-case basis."

But that may not be enough to pacify some fans. One online petition with more than 350 signers calls for another Radiohead show in the market, with such comments as, "I would ABSOLUTELY want to attend another DC/Baltimore show -- as long as its not at Nissan!! The offer that Nissan provided me of free lawn tickets to the Camden, N.J., show is insulting! For one, I had pavilion seats. Two - its Camden, NJ!!"

Adding fuel to the fire is Radiohead's self-stated intention of making its summer tour as environmentally friendly as possible. According to one fan post, "One-third of the concert-goers that night were driving around in circles, burning fossil fuels all the while. This is your save the Earth tour ... and yet you play in the middle of nowhere with no public transportation leading there. You owe us!"

And from another, "If you gave even one tiny llama turd about environmental impact, you would never have scheduled a show at a venue 40 miles away from downtown D.C., nowhere near public transportation of any kind."

I completely love every song on both setlists so I would have been more than ecstatic with either show.

Radiohead songs you think you don't like or are lukewarm on, often become highlights live. :shrug:

Great pics, zoney! I am jealous of your spot. I would love to plop my butt in front of big hot friendly Ed.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

But that may not be enough to pacify some fans. One online petition with more than 350 signers calls for another Radiohead show in the market, with such comments as, "I would ABSOLUTELY want to attend another DC/Baltimore show -- as long as its not at Nissan!! The offer that Nissan provided me of free lawn tickets to the Camden, N.J., show is insulting! For one, I had pavilion seats. Two - its Camden, NJ!!"

Adding fuel to the fire is Radiohead's self-stated intention of making its summer tour as environmentally friendly as possible. According to one fan post, "One-third of the concert-goers that night were driving around in circles, burning fossil fuels all the while. This is your save the Earth tour ... and yet you play in the middle of nowhere with no public transportation leading there. You owe us!"

And from another, "If you gave even one tiny llama turd about environmental impact, you would never have scheduled a show at a venue 40 miles away from downtown D.C., nowhere near public transportation of any kind."
[/B]

Jesus Christ. I can appreciate the heartbreak but I can't believe they're blaming Radiohead!

I suggest they take it up with God. :|

Better yet, George Bush. I blame George Bush for all bad weather. :wink:

I'd be pissed, too, but you know what? Shit happens and you get over it. Get the refund and buy tix to another show.

joyfulgirl said:
I suggest they take it up with God. :|

Better yet, George Bush. I blame George Bush for all bad weather. :wink:

:lol: there ya go!

I know some of those ateasers are wound up a bit too tight.. get over yourselves and get the damn refund for god's sake..:huh:

Alright, Levenson. Here's the rub.

I'm leaving for my old stomping grounds of DFW right now. The show is on Sunday. When I get back to Austin on Monday, be ready for a full report.

impy13 said:
Alright, Levenson. Here's the rub.

I'm leaving for my old stomping grounds of DFW right now. The show is on Sunday. When I get back to Austin on Monday, be ready for a full report.

Have fun, broseph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom