RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zonelistener said:

I assume you guys were in the pit!?

I am going Wed. night in the pit. Wondering if I should bring the camera.

hells yeah we were! 3rd person back,dead center.

bring a camera! Long as it's not a professional camera (aka detachable lens) and just a digital then ur fine.

most venues nowadays allow digital cameras.. I can't remember the last time I ever had a problem with bringing a camera in..

Pyramid Song was one of the highlights of my show. Listening to the boot is bringin' back the memories... :dance:

Bristow gig in mp3 form (taken from atease, who took it from green plastic):

http://www.send space.com/file/xgjuq9

Sound quality is pretty good, decent audience. It's not that bad in the grand scheme of things, as you can't really hear the crowd very well in the louder tracks, but the band sounds really washed-out and crappy in those very same tracks. The vocals sound OK.

EDIT: The quieter tracks sound a lot better. Fake Plastic Trees I would consider excellent audience.

Last edited:
Thank the maker!

c3po.jpg

Because this was such a great show in spite of it all, this will become one of the more notorious and memorable gigs the band has done. Remember yesterday's carnage and listen to that bootleg and tell me I'm wrong. We'll be telling our grandchildren about this one.

"The water was 15 ft. deep if it was a drop..."

LemonMelon said:
Because this was such a great show in spite of it all, this will become one of the more notorious and memorable gigs the band has done. Remember yesterday's carnage and listen to that bootleg and tell me I'm wrong. We'll be telling our grandchildren about this one.

"The water was 15 ft. deep if it was a drop..."

saw wilco in atlanta last year. they played at chastain park, and while the conditions at the venue weren't as bad, it did rain really hard the entire 2+ hours they played. everyone ecxept the first 5 rows were in the rain and completely soaked.

ended up being the most memorable of the tour, and the band was the same way in that they genuinely seemed amazed that people would stay through all that.

Great pictures, U2fanatic! I can't wait to be that close this summer. :drool:

It was killing me to be in VA a couple of hours from the show on Sunday night (at my mom's) and not to be able to be there, and I was thinking about you guys when the torrential downpours began. We were under a tornado watch for most of the evening. In fact, tornadoes seemed to follow me across the country and up the east coast. :uhoh:

I can't believe you guys got both Karma Police and Fake Plastic!! I was hoping for one or the other. I've never heard either of them live before. Maybe this summer.

I sat beside a taper at the Charlotte show so there will be at least one audience recording and I'm gonna get my hands on it.

Random observation: the audience at my shows seemed to really love the ballads. I was on an aisle in Charlotte so there was a fair amount of comings and goings for hotdogs and beer :coocoo: but when they played a ballad everyone got quiet and still. That was amazing to me.

Highlights for me were Talk Show Host, Idioteque (I can't get enough of that song), Lucky, Planet Telex, Paranoid Android, Pyramid Song, Exit Music, National Anthem, Morning Bell, Thom's giant good eye on the screen during Knives Out, Thom's dancing, every move Jonny made...well, forget it, everything was brilliant.

And I got me a Sigg water bottle. :love:

Oh, and you people in GA...what time did you start lining up? I need to let a certain Interferencer know what time he needs to be there to hold my place in line. :D

Idioteque could be their best live song, in my opinion. My friend and I went nuts when they started playing it.

I love the different arrangement, where everything goes apeshit during the 2nd verse.

I'm getting kinda excited....I need to pack up for my adventure to St. Louis tomorrow. A little nervous about the weather forecast and the fact that I will be depending on public transit to a amphitheater venue. :yikes:

I will post Thursday when I return from STL!

I also have to find a way to get rid of this Pit ticket at the show.

I would have loved to have heard Like Spinning Plates. One of my favorite songs.

joyfulgirl said:
Great pictures, U2fanatic! I can't wait to be that close this summer. :drool:

It was killing me to be in VA a couple of hours from the show on Sunday night (at my mom's) and not to be able to be there, and I was thinking about you guys when the torrential downpours began. We were under a tornado watch for most of the evening. In fact, tornadoes seemed to follow me across the country and up the east coast. :uhoh:

I can't believe you guys got both Karma Police and Fake Plastic!! I was hoping for one or the other. I've never heard either of them live before. Maybe this summer.

I sat beside a taper at the Charlotte show so there will be at least one audience recording and I'm gonna get my hands on it.

Random observation: the audience at my shows seemed to really love the ballads. I was on an aisle in Charlotte so there was a fair amount of comings and goings for hotdogs and beer :coocoo: but when they played a ballad everyone got quiet and still. That was amazing to me.

Highlights for me were Talk Show Host, Idioteque (I can't get enough of that song), Lucky, Planet Telex, Paranoid Android, Pyramid Song, Exit Music, National Anthem, Morning Bell, Thom's giant good eye on the screen during Knives Out, Thom's dancing, every move Jonny made...well, forget it, everything was brilliant.

And I got me a Sigg water bottle. :love:

thanks! :D I still can't get over the fact that my little point and shoot camera got anything good..

man, I wanted one of those water bottles... Didn't have time to wait at the merchandise booth..

and yes.. on the amazing quiet that came over the crowd during the ballads too.. Me and the hubby both made that same observation after the show.. The sold out venue completely silent during these songs.. :ohmy: :drool:

I'll say it again: THAT WAS THE BEST RH SHOW I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! :combust: :hyper: :dance: :happy: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom