RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevated_u2_fan said:

:love:

I would have loved to have seen this, piano version?

oh hell yeah it was... :D

I am so wiped out from yesterday. I have to say that was the worst of weather conditions I have ever been thru for any concert..! I had GA Pit and was completely soaked from head to toe the whole time...Water sloshing in my shoes the works.. Severe flooding in all areas, something like 4 inches of rain. A bunch of people couldn't get into the show due to roads flooding and traffic nightmares. Thom actually mentioned this and dedicated Fake Plastic Trees to them. It took us over an hour and half to get to the freeway. I didn't get home to about 2am. Traffic going out was pure hell.. I have never seen anything like it.

Me and the hubby got dead center and we were the third person back from thom! Got some pretty good pics too that I will post later..:D

but I have to say that was an AMAZING FRIGGIN SHOW! They all were having a great time up there. Laughing and thom goofing, dancing like a banchee.. Colin was just blown away from the audience reactions, and even jonny waved and smiled a couple of times..

Last edited:
GirlsAloudFan said:
Best set of the tour so far.

Indeed.

It's funny, but everything was crap yesterday except for Radiohead. Liars was a bunch of noise basically, the weather was torture, and my feet were so wet that I couldn't really feel them for hours. All of us went through the worst conditions possible for this band.

Thankfully, Radiohead really made it all worth it. In all of the talk about setlists, people have overlooked just how much this band has improved, particularly Thom, whose voice is possibly the best it has ever been. I was surprised by how well the electronic blips came through in a live setting, but frustrated by the fact that I couldn't really hear Johnny from where I was. Planet Telex was sort of ruined for me because of this. Optimistic was basically drums, bass, and vocals with an occasional guitar line getting through the mix.

But the setlist? Sheer brilliance. I'm sorry we didn't get There There or How To Disappear, but I can't really complain after getting a chance to hear ALL of In Rainbows, Pyramid Song, Paranoid Android, the lovely piano version of Like Spinning Plates, and Fake Plastic Trees, which was the definite highlight of the night; the climax was almost overwhelmingly loud and powerful. Seriously, it was the best version I had ever heard of one of my favorite Radiohead songs. Could I have asked for more?

So yeah, yesterday sucked in general, but I can't fault Radiohead for that because they surpassed my expectations. This gig will certainly go down as one of the most interesting of the tour, and I'm proud to have been there for it.

PS: Thom was a dancing fool last night. You have to see it for yourself to believe it.

Last edited:
Only 6 more days until I can join in on this. You guys have got me pretty damn excited, not that I wouldn't be anyway.

By the way, about what time are they coming on? I'm determined to miss Liars.

Impy, I heard 8:45 was the average time, and they probably came on at about 8:55, but considering the rain I was impressed with their punctuality.

We need a bootleg of this Virginia show.

NOW.

lazarus said:
Impy, I heard 8:45 was the average time, and they probably came on at about 8:55, but considering the rain I was impressed with their punctuality.

We need a bootleg of this Virginia show.

NOW.

you said it! I can't wait for this boot... :drool:

LemonMelon said:

Indeed.

It's funny, but everything was crap yesterday except for Radiohead. Liars was a bunch of noise basically, the weather was torture, and my feet were so wet that I couldn't really feel them for hours. All of us went through the worst conditions possible for this band.

Thankfully, Radiohead really made it all worth it. In all of the talk about setlists, people have overlooked just how much this band has improved, particularly Thom, whose voice is possibly the best it has ever been. I was surprised by how well the electronic blips came through in a live setting, but frustrated by the fact that I couldn't really hear Johnny from where I was. Planet Telex was sort of ruined for me because of this. Optimistic was basically drums, bass, and vocals with an occasional guitar line getting through the mix.

But the setlist? Sheer brilliance. I'm sorry we didn't get There There or How To Disappear, but I can't really complain after getting a chance to hear ALL of In Rainbows, Pyramid Song, Paranoid Android, the lovely piano version of Like Spinning Plates, and Fake Plastic Trees, which was the definite highlight of the night; the climax was almost overwhelmingly loud and powerful. Seriously, it was the best version I had ever heard of one of my favorite Radiohead songs. Could I have asked for more?

So yeah, yesterday sucked in general, but I can't fault Radiohead for that because they surpassed my expectations. This gig will certainly go down as one of the most interesting of the tour, and I'm proud to have been there for it.

PS: Thom was a dancing fool last night. You have to see it for yourself to believe it.

Glad to see you got such an awesome show, L-Mel and gang. :up:

Thanks Laz, I'll be downloading shortly.

LemonMelon said:

Liars was a bunch of noise basically

:angry:

fail_27.jpg

u2popmofo said:

Well, I like what I've heard from Drum's Not Dead. They're not noise, but they sounded like noise yesterday. The venue and weather certainly didn't help matters.

They didn't sound that great in Tampa either, and I like their studio material.

Hmm, maybe the sound in the "outdoor" or large arenas just doesn't transfer over well. They've sounded great in both of the clubs I've seen them at. You probably can't see any of Angus' antics unless you're up close either, and that's a good deal of the fun of a Liars show.

LM, don't take offense to the picture. That's actually a picture a friend of mine took of his own car. He was driving from Utah to NYC, and the U-Haul trailer he was pulling got blown over in a blizzard in Wyoming. A year later, one of my other friends found that someone had some how found the the picture and turned it into a FAIL shot. Funny shiznit.

No offense taken, man. I'm happy that you took the time to dig up an original pic rather than google for it. :up: :lol:

LemonMelon said:

Indeed.

damn it you bitches I'm jealous :madspit:

glad you all enjoyed it :D

xavi,
it was the best show I seen yet by them.. They were truly enjoying themselves up there. Even jonny. Being so close I could see it.. Thom was laughing, joking the whole time.. Colin was amazed, smiling and Ed too. I'll never forget that show..

I don't have much faith in finding any boots tho, with the weather conditions so bad last night I highly doubt some taper would risk bring his equipment in. Everything, everybody were waterlogged to the bone, nothing stayed dry.. Luckily my camera is waterproof.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

were did that pic come from? DAS?

Yes, ma'am. Colin gave a special thank you to those of us who survived Bull Run part dos:

To everyone who made it, and put up with the torrents on the lawn, and came early to catch the Liars and our show, thank you so much for braving the deluge. I hope you heard what you came for, the music and lights diverting you from the wet. We got out of there around three am, and the pic shows Jonny waiting in the loading bay whilst the water streams across the tarmac. We've had floods at Bull Creek, lightning at the RFK stadium, so there must be some kind of Biblical fix between us and DC. Frogs next time?

LemonMelon said:

Yes, ma'am. Colin gave a special thank you to those of us who survived Bull Run part dos:

To everyone who made it, and put up with the torrents on the lawn, and came early to catch the Liars and our show, thank you so much for braving the deluge. I hope you heard what you came for, the music and lights diverting you from the wet. We got out of there around three am, and the pic shows Jonny waiting in the loading bay whilst the water streams across the tarmac. We've had floods at Bull Creek, lightning at the RFK stadium, so there must be some kind of Biblical fix between us and DC. Frogs next time?

yeah I saw that after finding the pic.. Funny stuff.. frogs.. :hmm: :lol:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I don't have much faith in finding any boots tho, with the weather conditions so bad last night I highly doubt some taper would risk bring his equipment in. Everything, everybody were waterlogged to the bone, nothing stayed dry.. Luckily my camera is waterproof.

DON'T SAY THAT!!

Weren't the people in the seats more protected with the roof over them? I imagine someone sitting there who knew in advance it was going to rain could have put their gear in a bag before sneaking it in.

Do not give up hope.

lazarus said:

DON'T SAY THAT!!

Weren't the people in the seats more protected with the roof over them? I imagine someone sitting there who knew in advance it was going to rain could have put their gear in a bag before sneaking it in.

Do not give up hope.

Yeah, there was some taping done. From atease...

I doubt the show was taped, which is unfortunate, as the band and setlist were f'ing amazing. I just can't imagine someone being willing to risk bringing even semi-decent, much less excellent recording equipment in to that show. Really, my shoes and hoodie were absolutely soaked, and I ended up ruining my Amnesiac book that I had hoped to get signed, despite it being in a plastic covered bag. Now it's warped and faded. The rain just never let up.

in response...

You'd think that right?

The gear was fine, I remembered everything except the fudging windscreens, good thing the wind wasn't that bad under the pavilion, still affects the sound though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom