RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

What seats did you have?

I had lawn seats on the hill. Pretty far back, but the sound and lights were still incredible.

Being able to lay back and look at the stars during Pyramid Song and Videotape was worth it.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I had lawn seats on the hill. Pretty far back, but the sound and lights were still incredible.

Being able to lay back and look at the stars during Pyramid Song and Videotape was worth it.

I don't believe it for a second, but this is supposedly what my view will look like for Sunday:

201.jpg

I dunno, the preview from the venue site before I went was pretty accurate.

When did you get your tickets anyway? I don't remember you being around much during the ticketmaster frenzy a few months back.

I got them the 2nd week of April. There wasn't a huge demand for tix at the time, but the venue ended up being pretty packed.

Plus, I knew I was gonna go for lawn seats because it was all I could afford. If it had been GAs, I would've been more fervent in my search.

$40 for t-shirts? Apparently they're just like every other capitalist pig band. We all know it doesn't cost them more than $5 to print a shirt.

That's sad to hear.

i agree 40 dollars is absurd... but after spending last weekend perusing through some markets in berlin, we couldn't find shirts for much under 30 euro. was utterly shocked by that. a MARKET. that's usually where you go to find good deals and 5 dollar shirts. not 30 euro.

and to be fair, it's at concerts that bands have their best chance at making money. as i've said in countless download-related threads, this is where bands need to "capitalise".

pun fully intended. :sexywink:

Zoomerang96 said:
and to be fair, it's at concerts that bands have their best chance at making money. as i've said in countless download-related threads, this is where bands need to "capitalise".

This is normally the case, but I don't think Radiohead is a struggling band anymore. Their cut of the In Rainbows profits was much larger than most bands get, and aren't they selling out mid-size venues all across the world still?

They don't have any more of an excuse than U2 does, especially as they're the ones that are supposed to be the anti-corporate rockers.

Last nite's set list from ATlanta:

Setlist
01 All I Need
02 There There
03 Lucky
04 15 Step
05 Where I End And You Begin
06 Nude
07 Pyramid Song
08 Optimistic
09 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10 The National Anthem
11 Idioteque
12 You and whose army
13 Reckoner
14 Everything in its right place
15 Bangers and Mash
16 Bodysnatchers
17 Videotape

encore 1
18 The Gloaming
19 Talk Show Host :ohmy:
20 Just
21 Faust Arp (Thom & Jonny on electric)
22 How To Disappear Completely :faint: :combust:

encore 2
23 Paranoid Android
24 House of Cards

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Last nite's set list from ATlanta:

Setlist
01 All I Need
02 There There
03 Lucky
04 15 Step
05 Where I End And You Begin
06 Nude
07 Pyramid Song
08 Optimistic
09 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10 The National Anthem
11 Idioteque
12 You and whose army
13 Reckoner
14 Everything in its right place
15 Bangers and Mash
16 Bodysnatchers
17 Videotape

encore 1
18 The Gloaming
19 Talk Show Host :ohmy:
20 Just
21 Faust Arp (Thom & Jonny on electric)
22 How To Disappear Completely :faint: :combust:

encore 2
23 Paranoid Android
24 House of Cards

Went to the show in Atlanta last night. Was in the pit, about 10 feet away from Ed.

Radiohead is still fantastic, and I really enjoyed the set. The stage, lights, setup was the best I have seen from them. Really cool lights, and video.

My highlights:
The Gloaming is awesome live, and was very pleasantly suprised they brought that back. Loved it on the last tour but thought I would never see it again.

All I Need - really cool, and actually liked it as the opener. really slow for the opening song. just wish, they would launch into a hard song (myxomatosis?) right after it. the transition to there there is terrible and really pretty boring. there there was still very good, but an odd combo to start the show.

National Anthem and Idioteque back to back was killer. Two of their best live songs, still awesome.

Bangers and Mash awesome live. Really liked Thom playing the drums.

You and Whose Army (not one of my favorites on the album) but great show live. Thom is great, and makes this song go live. Much like the last tour. Little bit of a flaming lips rip off as far as the tongue and cheek nature of the performance, but great none the less.

Talk Show Host was the one huge suprise, and better than ever. One of my favorite radiohead live tracks and really glad to see they didn't retire it.

The only ones I didn't like (still good but not great): 15 step falls flat live, and reckoner is just ok.

The only serious misstep of the whole evening is house of cards as the closer. awful choice to close the show, seemed like music for you just to leave to and not even stay to watch it. i like the song fine, but it really is weak as a closer.

That really is an amazing set, near-perfect. The only essential quality missing is Karma Police and I Might Be Wrong.

I can imagine House Of Cards being an awkward closer, I adore the song and can't wait until they come to Melbourne, but it just makes no sense as a closer.....

How is Wierd Fishies live?

intedomine said:

How is Wierd Fishies live?

Good. i really like the song. the only complaint is if you look at the setlist weird fishes comes at the end of a four song stretch of fairly slow songs. by the time they got to it the momentum of the show was kind of shot at that point. i wa ready for something a little more uptempo. maybe that just added to why national anthem and idioteque were so great.

Just listened to that W Palm Beach show.

Yep, How to Disappear is as lame as I remember it.

They sure don't dispute its overrated status with that performance.

And I'll know in a couple days how All I Need works as an opener in person, but on the recording...no.

Bulletproof, though...:drool:

It's alright. Too many jackasses talking during slower stuff. That website has MANY more shows from old tours in better quality. So I'd keep watching it for more stuff from this tour.

They played Paranoid Android, L-Mel. Quit yo bitchin'.

Lemme know when the Tampa show goes up guys, please.

LemonMacPhisto said:
They played Paranoid Android, L-Mel. Quit yo bitchin'.

This is true. And now I can have some hope.

Jigsaw on the other hand still hasn't been played yet, and it was the first single. I'm not upset about this, just a little confused.

LemonMelon said:

This is true. And now I can have some hope.

Jigsaw on the other hand still hasn't been played yet, and it was the first single. I'm not upset about this, just a little confused.

I've been wondering the same thing. Perhaps there's too much awesome in the set already and they don't want to make everyone's heads explode, I guess.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I've been wondering the same thing. Perhaps there's too much awesome in the set already and they don't want to make everyone's heads explode, I guess.

Let Down would do that, even if the rest of the set were songs from HTTT and a bunch of crap they made up on the spot.

LemonMelon said:

Let Down would do that, even if the rest of the set were songs from HTTT and a bunch of crap they made up on the spot.

This is true.

You can't play everything in 2 hours. These sets are fantastic. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom