RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

And a great coincidence that I started a meth lab in my house last week.

Two Boxes says "Hi."

Man, the thought of Two Boxes and Lance's Mom together is pretty fucking scary.

You could probably get a doctorate in biology from watching that petri dish stew.

I could develop the cure for herpes or a terrifyingly more potent version of it.

After this last display, I'm ready to say Dump Nigel. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Lance, I hope that new avatar and siggie are just anticipatory. Because if you actually have already seen My Blueberry Nights, I may have to kill you.

:huh:

Billy Corgan: Radiohead choose publicity over music
Posted on March 29th, 2008.

Following Trent Reznor’s recent rants on Radiohead’s ‘Pay-What- You-Want’ method of releasing music (In Rainbows promotion was insencere), it’s Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan’s turn.

In an interview with Rolling Stone Corgan says that Radiohead were in it for the publicity when they released ‘In Rainbows’ on the internet last Fall: “I think it’s really difficult for the young artist, who doesn’t have at least some sense of a pathway. For example, if you were a kid today and you’re looking at the bands who are successful right now, you think, if you don’t sort of sell out and let somebody make you a star, go on American Idol, then you can’t be successful. Alternative culture is really critical towards introducing new ideas. We need those young bands to push old band like us, to push new boundaries. We need our butts kicked regularly. That’s where all the energy comes from, from the bottom. And when the message on Amy Winehouse is drama is better than music, and for Radiohead publicity is better than music — no disrespect to them. But I think it’s a bad message to young bands of how to make it happen. It’s almost like the evil stepchild of the rap bling-bling thing, like, the only way to make it work is I’ve got to come up with a gimmick.”

:madspit: @ Billy Corgan...

It's a good thing Billy wants his butt kicked by other bands, because from his recent output it looks like that's going to be happening a lot more often.

Bugger, just found out that Nude is the new single.

A shame really, the world was crying out for Reckoner as a single......damn that song is so gorgeous.

cori.. this is for you :D

Radiohead to play White River Amphitheater
Posted on April 4th, 2008.

Yesterday we’ve added the Tweeter Center in Mansfield (Boston) to the Radiohead tour schedule. Today we have another date and venue for you, but on the other side of the country: Seattle.

Radiohead will play the White River Amphitheater in Seattle on August 20th as part of the second leg of the band’s North American tour. Just like the Tweeter Center, the Oxford five played the White River Amphitheater 5 years ago on their Hail To The Thief tour (August 31, 2005). The venue is located in Auburn, which is a 30 minute drive from the city of Seattle. [thx Brianne]

Zoomerang96 said:
videotape might be one of the very best songs of all time, guys.

i used to be depressed with the new arrangement on the album... not anymore.

lyrically stunning, and a very simple song. perhaps that's what makes it so poignant.

this is the first i've been to this thread since 'in rainbows' became available for download. i knew this album was great from the outset and several songs were immediate standouts; but, at the time, i couldn't have guessed that 'videotape' would end up at the forefront of my psyche -- stirring up things long-dormant as much as it has. what an underdog 'videotape' has proved itself in my small realm (a truly amazing song)!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
cori.. this is for you :D

Radiohead to play White River Amphitheater
Posted on April 4th, 2008.

Radiohead will play the White River Amphitheater in Seattle on August 20th as part of the second leg of the band’s North American tour. /B]

oooh oooh, that's a show I could conceivably make. I'm so happy the west coast shows are during the latter part of August. I'm off work then. I can stalk Radiohead up and down the coast. :drool:

08-01 Chicago, IL - Grant Park (Lollapalooza)
08-03 Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center %
08-04 Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center %
08-06 Montreal, Quebec - Parc Jean-Drapeau %
08-08 Jersey City, NJ - Liberty State Park (All Points West Festival)
08-09 Jersey City, NJ - Liberty State Park (All Points West Festival)
08-12 Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center %
08-13 Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center %
08-15 Toronto, Ontario - Molson Amphitheatre %
08-19 Vancouver, British Columbia - Thunderbird Stadium *
08-20 Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre *
08-22 San Francisco, CA - Golden Gate Park (Outside Lands Festival)
08-24 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl *
08-25 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl *
08-27 Chula Vista, CA - Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre *
08-28 Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl *
10-04 Tokyo, Japan - Saitama Super Arena
10-05 Tokyo, Japan - Saitama Super Arena

martha said:

I'll be going to these as well as the Bowl. :yes:

I can go to every show in So Cal that week because I'm off work. :yippie:

But now I'm all stressed about ticket sales. Please don't go on sale this Saturday. I have a big meeting I can't miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom