RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part S7VEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zonelistener said:

Yeah....Joyful nailed it: two arms and a leg. You would be better off hiring a car than getting a taxi. Either way, it may be as much as airfare.

This is going to be quite the hike. Newark is not that far from Jersey City, so you are looking at 65 miles.

I went to my first year of college in Jersey City. If you use public transportation, you would have to take the LIRR (Long Island Railroad) from Islip to NYC (Penn Station). From Penn Station, you could take the PATH train to Jersey City. You are looking at quite the journey.

Thanks Zoney & joyful. :)

Yeah, well, I've got 5 months to figure something out.

I have a friend who lives in the city and has offered his place up to crash. So I may leave a day earlier and do the LIRR. Spend the night at his, and then take the PATH the next day to Newark and meet my friend who I'm going to the concert with.

Or, they're supposed to be doing a ferry from Manhattan to Liberty State Park. That might be kind of fun. I'm sure it would be beautiful. :drool: (I've never been on a ferry before, either :reject: )

I'm not really interested in any of the other artists playing. So maybe I'll just stick with their tour. I'm sure I've missed the boat on these tix anyway. :lol:

^ :eek:

What the hell was that!? mmaaaaaaaaann.... I was wondering what disney movie is this? And then gore ahoy.... don't think I'll be watching that again... :crack:

Apparently seating assignments are trickling out. Check your email, kids. Atlanta has already been sent out.

:(

babiesvn1.png

Should we go more far and center, or closer and far right?

Those WASTE seats are pretty much where my TM seat is for Charlotte so now I don't feel so bad. As for your question, it's always a tough call. I tend to prefer more center. The sound is usually better and it's not like you're going to see the band that much better on the side a few rows closer. In fact, if they have screens you might even see better in the center. I don't know. :shrug: What show are you seeing?

The first show in WPB. I know that this venue usually has two screens on either side of the stage, so it might actually be to our advantage to pick the right side...just to see the screen better. (They aren't big enough to make a difference in the back row.)

If you can afford it, keep both sets of tickets and decide when you get there. :D

This was all my email said:

You have been sent an HTML email from w.a.s.t.e re: your recent Radiohead Ticket order.

Cool. I still have no clue where my seats are.

Got em.

t5kbp0.jpg

Pretty damn good. Hopefully good enough for the guy who wants to trade me his pit tickets.

Radiohead has another offer for you

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Radiohead allowed fans to choose a price for their latest tunes. Now, the best-selling band is hoping fans will make them a music video, too.

TBD Records, Cartoon Network's Adult Swim and animation Web portal Aniboom.com are sponsoring an online contest inviting Radiohead fans to produce an animated music video for any song from "In Rainbows," the band's popular 2007 album that was originally available for download at an optional price.

Information can be found at http://www.aniboom.com/radiohead. (Cartoon Network is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.)

Online voters and a panel of judges will select finalists with Radiohead choosing a winner who will receive a $10,000 prize to produce a full-length animated music video. The competition began Monday and continues through April 27.

FitzChivalry said:
I'm not sure this is set in stone as far as RH go, but looks that way.

http://consequenceofsound.com/2008/03/03/outside-lands-festival-is-now-official/

yeah, it definitely is...:D

SF Festival tickets on sale March 30th
Posted on March 14th, 2008.

Tickets for the Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco will go on sale on March 30th.

The festival at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park will take place from August 22-24 with Radiohead headlining. Tickets priced $199 will go on sale through Ticketmaster: Sunday March 30th at 10am (PDT). [thx Brian]

videotape might be one of the very best songs of all time, guys.

i used to be depressed with the new arrangement on the album... not anymore.

lyrically stunning, and a very simple song. perhaps that's what makes it so poignant.

Zoomerang96 said:
videotape might be one of the very best songs of all time, guys.

i used to be depressed with the new arrangement on the album... not anymore.

lyrically stunning, and a very simple song. perhaps that's what makes it so poignant.

I love Videotape too, I think it's the second best song on the album.

lazarus said:

It's amazing what Lance's Mom is willing to do for some crystal meth.

And a great coincidence that I started a meth lab in my house last week.

Two Boxes says "Hi."

martha said:

from atease (last paragraph is the info you seekth) :

Radiohead set to work on new material
Posted on March 28th, 2008.

Radiohead have made plans to start recording on new material soon, Colin Greenwood revealed in an interview with Pitchfork.

Colin: “We’re actually gonna be working with Nigel again soon– we’ve reserved time and we’ve got stuff we want to do. It’s like having and old-school executive producer that’s talking about the bigger picture and booking time to be creative. (…) It would be really nice to be able to put out releases that wouldn’t be conditional upon an album format, and just put out music in different ways.”

When Pitchfork asked if they would consider a different producer, Colin answered: “It depends what we’re doing. The thing about working with Nigel is that he’s brilliant with psychology. What really struck me about him during the last sessions was he’s got that ability to be generous and patient when he’s making a record and then he can be objective as well. To have the ability to be utterly supporting in the studio and then make a call later is a real skill.”

Radiohead will announce details of the second leg of its North American tour on Monday. It’s not certain if the band will play new songs on the upcoming tour. Colin just doesn’t know yet. “Thom came in with a list of 70 songs we’re rehearsing for the tour and it’s like, fucking hell! So it’s been real difficult to remember stuff. We should’ve gone onto YouTube to remind us how to play the songs.”

Read the full interview over at Pitchfork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom