"RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part iv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicBono said:
i want to see radiohead live right now :(

this is quite good though I don't think it's that much better than the album version... :shrug:

it had this amazing buildup

this is my way of saying goodbye :drool:

I've listened to it about 5 times now. My initial reaction might have been a little harsh, this is really an outstanding album, a contender for best of the year.

Bodysnatchers, Arpeggi, All I Need, Faust Arp, Reckoner, Jigsaws Falling Into Place are all incredible

I was maybe a little rough on videotape. It's still a beautiful song, just not as good as the live version. The version on the album works very well as a closer.

However if I were Radiohead, I would maybe use the live arrangement of videotape and not use it as a closer so it would still work, and then use Faust Arp as a closer.

I would say 4th best album. (worse than okc, kid a, amnesiac; better than the bends, httt, ph)

I don't know which is# 1 and which is #3 as I dropped them both into iTunes at the same time, but I think I like the Toronto one better. The guitars are rougher on the Amsterdam version, and while they sound cool, I don't know if they fit the song well.

Do you know the date on the Amsterdam version Xavi? Just for references's sake.

I'm just so glad we have this thing out...the quality of the live versions are mostly pretty poor and didn't do the songs justice. :)

Will do a write up for epinions shortly.

lazarus said:
I don't know which is# 1 and which is #3 as I dropped them both into iTunes at the same time, but I think I like the Toronto one better. The guitars are rougher on the Amsterdam version, and while they sound cool, I don't know if they fit the song well.

Do you know the date on the Amsterdam version Xavi? Just for references's sake.

August 28 2006..the last gig of the 2006 tour :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

i think this got stuck in my head for some reason:
inrainbowsalbumcover.jpg

:huh:

I'm using this as my cover in iTunes. :up:

xaviMF22 said:

August 28 2006..the last gig of the 2006 tour :wink:

Strange that it grew that busy in a few weeks, and then it was stripped back down again for the album version. Which would have been fine if they hadn't added that awful drum beat.

<sigh>

Maybe if I can trim off the crowd noise at the beginning and the end I can substitute it and it will sound like it fits.

Last edited:
I just dropped pitchfork an email to ask if/when they'll be reviewing In Rainbows. Not expecting an answer, but that could give us a good clue as to when other websites will as well.

LemonMelon said:
I just dropped pitchfork an email to ask if/when they'll be reviewing In Rainbows. Not expecting an answer, but that could give us a good clue as to when other websites will as well.

Next Week

it was posted somewhere

I'll find it for you :wink:

Pitchfork did a "user's guide" to the new album (it's funny when indie snobs start drooling over themselves like children), and said a proper review would be coming next week.

Danny Boy said:

I've been using this one. I can't stand not to have album art in iTunes now that they have that "find album art" feature.

radio2.jpg

I wish they would have included album art with the download.

My Little Pony cover FTW.

xaviMF22 said:

do we know what the cover looks like?

well I was referring to the image posted

whether or not that's the real cover I guess we don't know. But it's on the cover for the actual record isn't it? Like in the boxset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom