"RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part iv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah,
my big question is: Are they going to make the bonus songs available on the commercial release in January? Are we going to have a double CD option or just the one CD? It doesn't seem fair that these songs would only be available by purchasing the disc box set. I love all those bonus songs and want them badly, especially down is the new up! :drool:

Please if someone can shed some light on this question or anything..:sad:

Dalton said:

You're such a bad influence. :wink:

Well the only track I'm going to miss out on is Videotape, and I can listen to that as soon as I get there, so no skipping for me!

Plus I'm sorta supposed to be in class right now and I skipped that one to download this thing :reject:

Reckoner starts off slow but really kicks in in the second half. Me likey :up:

House of Cards now...liked it when I heard it live, and I like what they did with it here so far.

Yeah, I decided to stay and listen to it anyways. No class for me today!

Overall, I like it (and I seem to be in the minority here). The first listen to Hail to the Thief didn't grab me like this one did. There are some real great moments on In Rainbows (Bodysnatchers, Arpeggi, the 2nd half of Reckoners) and some not-so-great moments, but no songs that I felt the desire to skip outright. Nude and Videotape sounded a little ambient to me and I didn't end up paying a whole lot of attention to them as a result. I didn't hear any early versions of Videotape but it sounds from comments like they could have done a lot more with it, and that's a shame since it does sound like it had a lot of potential.

Right now, I'll give it an 8.5/10. Not quite on the level of Kid A or OK Computer (that's tough for anybody to do), but on first listen anyways, better than Hail to the Thief. :up:

In Rainbows debuted in my life on the treadmill this morning. Somewhere around Reckoner I left my body, which could be dangerous on a treadmill.

In other words, I love it so far.

I do wish it had a mind blowing rocker on it.

But I love mellow Radiohead.

I heard these songs live but didn't listen to the boots floating around so it's not like I learned the songs enough to be disappointed by songs like Videotape. It's all basically new to me, so I'm pleased.

I downloaded the album this morning (thanks Xavi) but haven't been able to listen to it due to work. I'm curious to know if anyone who's listened to it has any theories as to what the title "In Rainbows" means within the context of the album.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
can someone answer my question...:mad:

Nobody knows!

I hope they don't make the 2nd disc available, I want my $80 discbox to really mean something.

I really think that bangers and mash or down is the new up should have made the album

it needs one more rockin song :rockon:

xavi, have i mentioned lately that you rock? :wink:

While I wait for the new album to download I have been listening to HTTT...

The strangest thing has happened over the past couple of weeks, I really, really like HTTT. I don't know exactly when it happened but something clicked and now I'm kicking myself for not noticing how awesome it truly is...

Myxomatosis :drool:

joyfulgirl said:

I do wish it had a mind blowing rocker on it.

But I love mellow Radiohead.

I heard these songs live but didn't listen to the boots floating around so it's not like I learned the songs enough to be disappointed by songs like Videotape. It's all basically new to me, so I'm pleased.

I've only had one real listen(and I too refrained from any boots), so I'm going to refrain from any real judgement, but so far nothing has blown me away...

I usually love mellow Radiohead as well, but nothing really tugged my heart on first listen.

And I use to really love Thom's voice, I mean love, but ever since Amnesiac there's always one or two tracks that it just grates on me...

I'll come back after a few more listens and see if things change.

the thing I am thinking about is, once the commercial release hits in january I don't see the download version still being available (the main album) anymore. It wouldn't make sense. So, I am wondering then whether this/including the disc box set is only available for a limited time. If so, I could see the bonus tracks showing up on cd down the road at some point..

elevated_u2_fan said:
xavi, have i mentioned lately that you rock? :wink:

While I wait for the new album to download I have been listening to HTTT...

The strangest thing has happened over the past couple of weeks, I really, really like HTTT. I don't know exactly when it happened but something clicked and now I'm kicking myself for not noticing how awesome it truly is...

Myxomatosis :drool:

I always rock :wink:

so Elfa what do you think of LP7?

well uh I'm a bit late to the thread obviously since I decided to actually sleep...so I'm only on track three...but holy shit, Bodysnatchers, what the fuck, so amazing :drool: like some crazy Velvet Underground/Sonic Youth/U2/otherworldly combination.

I'll read this whole mess later...I've got to do Latin while I listen to this. But so far I'm glad to hear a bit more of the old Radiohead integrated into the sound. I was worried from the first track it'd be too much like the last three albums.

I'm one whole listen through and I liked what I heard. It's not mindblowing to me, but I still enjoyed it. Having not listened to any other versions of songs, I don't know how Videotape compares, but I liked the song on first listen. Perhaps I'll check out that live link and compare now to see what pisses all of you off about it. :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
the thing I am thinking about is, once the commercial release hits in january I don't see the download version still being available (the main album) anymore. It wouldn't make sense. So, I am wondering then whether this/including the disc box set is only available for a limited time. If so, I could see the bonus tracks showing up on cd down the road at some point..

Well that's kind of the point of limited editions, to entice people to buy now because they won't be able to get it later...

I just finished my first pass through, so I'm not going to pass judgement at all just yet.

I would enjoy it so much more with a better bitrate and the actual album in front of me. With a band like this, I think that's part of the experience. I've never downloaded a leak of any Radiohead album, only bought the CDs, so it's weird for me having a first listen without the art and pristine sound quality.

15 Step was my favorite of the first listen.

Oh my, I don't know if it's just because I calibrated my expectations at nil, but this album (what I'm hearing of it so far) is incredible!!! House of Cards. . . unbelievable. . . I nominate it for best Radiohead song to date! 15 Step, All I Need, Faust Arp, Jigsaw Falling Into Place... I'm in ecstasy; who needs sex when you have new Radiohead?!! :drool: :ohmy: :wink: :happy:

I love it. I've been listening to the live versions and I think they were translated well to the album. The one thing that threw me off was I expected "Videotape" to be stripped down a bit more, but I'm sure I'll love it after a few more listens.

Videotape is gorgeous except someone plz get rid of that weird rolly drum sound k thx

well upon first listen i really dig this album. It's pretty mellow for the most part, but I don't typically listen to Radiohead to rock out anyway, so Bodysnatchers was a nice surprise. there are some beautiful build-ups and moments of ecstacy...Weird Fishes and All I Need were two of my favourites. I'm glad I didn't listen to any live versions because all who did seem to be disappointed :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom