"RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part iv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I like it. But I like Bright Eyes too.

I guess I'm just not blown away by anything here. All I Need comes damn close. As does House of Cards.

But I don't even know if I like this more than HTTT now.

Videotape finished, I thought it was great.

Radiohead's albums now:

1. Kid A
2. In Rainbows
3. OK Computer
4. Hail To The Thief
5. Amnesiac
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

Now I can listen to 15 step again!!! :D

Lancemc said:
Oh, I like it. But I like Bright Eyes too.

I guess I'm just not blown away by anything here. All I Need comes damn close. As does House of Cards.

But I don't even know if I like this more than HTTT now.

you didn't like HTTT I remember

give it time :wink:

FitzChivalry said:
Less than 1 minute to Videotape . . . let's see if I agree or disagree with Xavi . . .

:yikes:

There's really nothing wrong with it...there's just not quite enough there to make it truly special. :shrug:

xaviMF22 said:

you didn't like HTTT I remember

give it time :wink:

I hated HTTT the first time I listened to it. Now I love it. But at least that was a radical emotion one way or another. I a bit "meh" over this one, at least as "meh" as one can be over a new Radiohead album. :wink:

HTTT was definitely a more ambitious album, if more flawed.

As of now, Radiohead albums:

1. OK Computer
2. Kid A/In Rainbows
4. The Bends

5. Amnesiac
6. Pablo Honey
7. Hail To The Thief

So did everyone get it for free. I feel kinda bad not paying something for it, thought 5 dollars would be fair. But it sounds like it's easier to get it for free than to bother with the hassle of going through all the info requirements. :shrug:

I think Jigsaw could use a more "plugged-in" feel. This album doesn't have quite enough speed, unfortunately. That's what keeps it below Kid A, I think.

Reckoner sounds amazing.

I'm a little tired of hearing Thom's ambient wailing all the time, but it's not a deal-breaker.

This album was the one that probably could have most benefit from a clean, front-mixed Thom vocal. And it's probably the most blurry his vocals have ever been.

WTF!!??

Videotape (as recorded and reigned in by Radiohead in the studio) = after World War III, in the rubble of a pulverized building, a lone tape recorder struggles with the last of it's battery power to eek out with its one remaining mono speaker the sounds of the once bombastic and euphoric Videotape of live performances.

WTF!!?? Can you say they muted the fuck out of it!

I'm listening to it on the radio at work - not loud enough to get a real feel for it, but 'at a distance' it sounds really beautiful.

FitzChivalry said:
WTF!!??

Videotape (as recorded and reigned in by Radiohead in the studio) = after World War III, in the rubble of a pulverized building, a long tape recorder struggles with the last of it's battery power to eek out with its one remaining mono speaker the sounds of the once bombastic and euphoric Videotape of live performances.

WTF!!?? Can you say they muted the fuck out of it!

:wink: I think that's the point. It would sound like Fix You if it pushed itself any further.

LemonMelon said:
I think Jigsaw could use a more "plugged-in" feel. This album doesn't have quite enough speed, unfortunately. That's what keeps it below Kid A, I think.

the vocal flourishes, no mumbling, lush, beautiful guitar, backing vocals/ondes...

not as fast as the live version

but it gets the job done :drool:

Lancemc said:
This album was the one that probably could have most benefit from a clean, front-mixed Thom vocal. And it's probably the most blurry his vocals have ever been.

Definitely yes. I want to hear his voice without a metric ton of echo and blur fogging everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom