"RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part iv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckoner is unrecognizable. I didn't even hear any familiar lyrics (is feeling pulled apart by horses in there anywhere?).

One thing I don't like about All I Need. They changed my favorite lyric in the song.

"You only stick with me, because there are no others."

has become

"I only stick with you, because there are no others."

Completely changes the dynamic of the song in a way.

HOUSE OF CARDS

I'm visiting another dimension of awesomeness, I fear I'll never have this experience of sound again.

The very concept of music is pwning me.

Lancemc said:
One thing I don't like about All I Need. They changed my favorite lyric in the song.

has become

he changed my favorite line too :mad:

I am all the things that you choose to ignore

to I am all the days that you chose to ignore :mad:

Lancemc said:

has become

I think it's more consistent with the cloud of moths line, and it adds strange contrast to the title itself. I love it.

FitzChivalry said:

I'm loving the lazy, laid-back, haunted feel of a lot of these songs. Very much an assured band - relaxed and in control.

Seems that way. Sounds like they're likely to stay this way too provided this isn't their last album.

Which is a damn shame if you ask me. We'll never see anything as adventurous or inspired as Kid A again from these guys. Which will probably make a lot of people happy come to think of it.

I listened to Videotape first, and I liked it a lot. Of course, I'm not comparing this and other songs to live versions, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing! But from my perspective, it sounds great.

xaviMF22 said:

he changed my favorite line too :mad:

I am all the things that you choose to ignore

to I am all the days that you chose to ignore :mad:

It always was "days" though, at least in the majority of recordings.

Reckoner (why did they even call it that, nothing like the old versions) probably benefits from this production approach moreso than any other songs here.

I love this one a lot on second listen.

Lancemc said:

Which is a damn shame if you ask me. We'll never see anything as adventurous or inspired as Kid A again from these guys. Which will probably make a lot of people happy come to think of it.

Not to bash Kid A, but I am one of those people, for sure. This almost tops it, IMO. I'll have to listen to it about 150 more times.

HAED ASPLODES

Honestly, I don't agree with the chill stuff you guys are saying.

Bodysnatchers is pretty much the new 2+2=5.
And Thom's vocals on JFIP is like some sort of comfortable paranoia.

LemonMelon said:
Faust Arp is back on again...it's so pretty. Like I Will, except more filled-out.

wakey wakey
rise and shine
its on again off again on again
watch me fall like dominoes
in pretty patterns

:drool:

Glad you guys are digging it so much.

I kind of feel like changing it to Volta though or something. :(

FitzChivalry said:
Damnit, House of Cards! Tears in my eyes again! :wink:

There's a reason these guys are my 2nd favorite band of all time!!!

Open Pick/Jigsaw Falling Into Place . . . let's see . . . ok, but not blowing me away.

Open Pick

I loved :drool:

Guys - I've been refusing to listen to Videotape up until now.

The song is new to me.

Envy my situation.

I am so happy. I can sleep tonight knowing that Radiohead are awesome once more, with the sounds of All I Need and Faust Arp dancing in my head. :drool:

Thank you, Radiohead, for coming up with such a wonderful marketing plan! :applaud:

Lancemc said:
Seems that way. Sounds like they're likely to stay this way too provided this isn't their last album.

I wouldn't say that

I mean give it time...maybe you'll like it

15 is pretty experimental :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom