R.I.P Ronnie Barker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4307216.stm

A comedy legend. Porridge is 1 of my all time fave. comedies, and The Two Ronnies had some classic sketches in their shows too.

He stared also in the 60's alongside John Cleese in The Frost Report which was Pre-Python days for Cleese of course. The show ended with many un-used sketches penned by Ronnie, 1 of which he gave to Eric Idle - which was the now famous 'Nudge Nudge' sketch!

He will be sadly missed, but thanks to his superb acting and comic genius he will never be forgotten...:up:

How could I forget to mention Open All Hours?! Arkwright was another great comedy performence from Ronnie - on a par with Fletcher in Porridge...:up:

:sad:

I'll always remember watching Porridge and Open All Hours with my mum and dad when I was a young lass. :(

lookedupto.jpg

ronnie_rip.jpg

He was one of those people who I just always thought would be around forever you know? Like David Jason, you see him on TV so much that it's sort of unthinkable that he won't be around one day. Does that sound ridiculous?

Ronnie was a comedy legend, everything he was in seemed to be comedy gold. No-one has a bad word to say about him, a true gentleman who were be solely missed RIP.

I think what Ronnie Corbett said about him was beautiful-"Ronnie was pure gold in triplicate - as a performer, a writer and a friend."

TheQuiet1 said:
He was one of those people who I just always thought would be around forever you know? Like David Jason, you see him on TV so much that it's sort of unthinkable that he won't be around one day. Does that sound ridiculous?

Not at all. Exactly how I feel too. He did so many wonderful shows and played some great roles, but Norman Stanley Fletcher has to be my fave. That is how I will always think of Ronnie. Cockney, dogdy and a bit rough around the edges. All of which he wasnt like in REAL life!:wink:

The documentary they had on the BBC last nite for him was nice. How on earth did they put it together so fast?!:huh:

bammo2 said:
sounds sick but I think they have things like that mostly ready, waiting for when they're needed :(

I thought along those lines too, but all the ppl who commented on there, like David Jason, Parky and the rest, all said things like - "He WAS a great man" or "He WAS such a wonderful comic", rather than saying IS. I'm sure they couldnt have asked all these people to comment on his passing in advance!:ohmy:

^I'm not so sure...

But yes, he will be sorely missed. There's coverage of it everywhere here but so many of the old sketches they play still make me laugh :)

Aardvark747 said:

I thought along those lines too, but all the ppl who commented on there, like David Jason, Parky and the rest, all said things like - "He WAS a great man" or "He WAS such a wonderful comic", rather than saying IS. I'm sure they couldnt have asked all these people to comment on his passing in advance!:ohmy:

I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult for the BBC to put together a tribute show. I mean the clips they showed will have already been used in countless other comedy complications that they've done and the BBC must have thousands of journalists across the country who they could dispatch a moment's notice. Also, I get the impression that Ronnie's death had been expected for quite some time so, for want of a better way of putting it, they were 'prepared'.

Back
Top Bottom