R.E.M. to tour!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
ATHENS, GA. -- Lead singer Michael Stipe says the band R.E.M. will hit the road next year, launching their first world tour after a four-year hiatus.

The Athens Banner-Herald in Georgia reports that so far, dates have been set for Europe, with a show planned for June 27 at England's Glastonbury Festival.

The band is from Athens.

In a statement on their Web site, Stipe says, ``We have been locked up in the studio and we're anxious to see the outside again.''

The tour will follow the release of their next album, which members are currently working on.

And again it seems that they're not coming to the Netherlands!!! :mad:
The last time they were here was in 1989, almost 14 years ago! Since then they've never played again here.
OK, there were concerts planned during the Monster Tour, but they were cancelled (first, the were rescheduled because of Bill Berry's aneurysm, then the re-scheduled concerts were cancelled because of Michael Stipe's hernia). But the Up Tour didn't hit the Netherlands and it seems the new one will also skip it.

AND I WANT TO SEE REM LIVE!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
And again it seems that they're not coming to the Netherlands!!! :mad:
The last time they were here was in 1989, almost 14 years ago! Since then they've never played again here.
OK, there were concerts planned during the Monster Tour, but they were cancelled (first, the were rescheduled because of Bill Berry's aneurysm, then the re-scheduled concerts were cancelled because of Michael Stipe's hernia). But the Up Tour didn't hit the Netherlands and it seems the new one will also skip it.

AND I WANT TO SEE REM LIVE!

Marty

There are story`s about a gig at the tourhout/werchter festival next year Popmartijn.

YAY!

Funny, i just caught a rerun of them on SNL, and i was thinking to myself that i really, really need to see them!!!

I would LOVE to see REM live. It would nearly complete my list of artists I must see. ;)

it took me way too long to figure out how to navigate their official site...

i've never seen them live, i really really want to...last tour was 4 years ago? i can't remember if even knew who they were four years ago...that's really lame on my part:reject:

does anyone know if they've announce any NA dates yet? i need to know if they are coming to toronto. I HAVE TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom