R.E.M. To Play 5 Dates In Dublin This Summer! (All Sold Out!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2 Beginner

New Yorker
:eek:

R.E.M. will play 5 dates at Olympia Theatre in Dublin, Ireland on the 30th of June, July 1st, July 3rd, July 4th, July 5th.

These are the only dates R.E.M. will be playing this year! And they're all sold out!

But this is not your ordinary concert, this is live rehearsals of their new material and a chance to hear it before it comes out on record! :shocked:

I so badly want to go!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

New R.E.M. record possibly this year! :rockon: :hyper:

Please new world tour as well! :pray:

The tickets were all sold to their fanclub, I don't think many (if any) went on general sale.

They are on eBay for 200 euro, I see REM's sell to the fans first policy went well:wink:

I joined the fanclub at the wrong time. :sad:

Can't believe it. Oh if I was rich I would buy the tickets off ebay.

I've been so into U2 lately, and so kinda ''off'' R.E.M., that it feels like I deserve to have lost this oppotunity. :sad: :crazy: Ahhhhhhhhhh! :scream:

ITS MY OWN FAULT, DAMMIT! :banghead:

Btw, the tickets were sold on sandbag. :wink:

wouldnt it be sweet if u2 did something that cool for their fanclub members?

but who needs tickets to shows premiering their new material when you can have a keychain???

I think U2 knows that if they attempted something like that, their fans would become rabid, resorting to dastardly deeds and possibly maiming to get their hands on those tickets.

They're showing their love for us by NOT doing something like that. Don't you see?

Perhaps when U2 become a band that's been musically and culturally irrelevant for a decade, too.....

Utoo said:

Perhaps when U2 become a band that's been musically and culturally irrelevant for a decade, too.....

:madwife:

(some people here would say that that is already the case :shh: )

U2Man said:

Hey, you may like 'em. But face it, they've been off the radar of everyone except the 250 people who've bought anything after 'New Adventures.'

(some people here would say that that is already the case :shh: )

And they know they'd be fooling their Pop-loving, 00s-hating selves.

Utoo said:

Hey, you may like 'em. But face it, they've been off the radar of everyone except the 250 people who've bought anything after 'New Adventures.'

And they know they'd be fooling their New Adventures-loving, Up-hating selves.

U2 could do it too. They'd just need to play five nights at Croke Park rather than the Olympia Theatre.

Utoo said:

Thats a bit harsh, but I sort of have to agree. I dont think they put out bad albums since New Adventures (which is a great album) but I think albums after that are very average. Nothing on those albums really stands out to me as fantastic.

I think with U2 even if you dont like the recent albums most fans typically find 3 or 4 songs they really like on each album. I cant say that for the recent R.E.M. work at all.

Cool that R.E.M. are doing this. If U2 attempted this though it would be mass hysteria. Getting tickets would be an absolute nightmare because demand would be enormous. I'm not sure 5 nights at Croke would even cut it if those were the only shows being played and new material was being debuted. Its alot easier to do cool stuff for your fans like this when there isnt a huge demand for it.

Blue Room said:

Thats a bit harsh, but I sort of have to agree. I dont think they put out bad albums since New Adventures (which is a great album) but I think albums after that are very average. Nothing on those albums really stands out to me as fantastic.

I think with U2 even if you dont like the recent albums most fans typically find 3 or 4 songs they really like on each album. I cant say that for the recent R.E.M. work at all.

Yeah...I don't mean to say that post-New Adventures has been "bad" work, just that it's been..well...irrelevant. As much as there can be complaints about making albums to gain new fans, you can say just as much against making albums that only your diehards would bother buying. Kudos to them that they keep making material....I just hope that the spark comes back.

Chizip said:
wouldnt it be sweet if u2 did something that cool for their fanclub members?

but who needs tickets to shows premiering their new material when you can have a keychain???

key chain :drool: :drool:

Blue Room said:
Cool that R.E.M. are doing this. If U2 attempted this though it would be mass hysteria. Getting tickets would be an absolute nightmare because demand would be enormous. I'm not sure 5 nights at Croke would even cut it if those were the only shows being played and new material was being debuted. Its alot easier to do cool stuff for your fans like this when there isnt a huge demand for it.

Whole month at Croke then? :wink:

Just some information on the gig, a couple of hundred tickets were stolen and have been made void, so if you are buying a ticket off the net, you mightn't get in with it

Any indication on when the album might drop? I know they're scheduled to work with Jacknife Lee later in the year, hopefully it comes out in 2007 and makes up for Around the Sun.

Back
Top Bottom