R.E.M. The Great Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Right after the bleakness of Up when we least expected it, they released this gorgeous gem of a song for the 'Man On The Moon' soundtrack. I :heart: it so much that I decided to find out if more people feel the same way. Wish this had been an indicator of which way their sound would progress. But outside of Imitation Of Life, I can't think of any other song since then that's as pretty as The Great Beyond.

I’m breaking through
I’m bending spoons
I’m keeping flowers in full bloom
I’m looking for answers from the great beyond

:drool:

Yes, I LOVE this song!! The music is really good and the chorus is very catchy. And yeah, the lyrics are pretty good too. One of the songs that made me want to go further into the R.E.M. catalogue. :yes: :up:

It's bizarre that they released "The Great Beyond" and "Bad Day," two of their best singles ever, while they were making those crappy post-Up albums.

Love the song, especially the video for it. R.E.M. will always be number 2 in my book, no matter what kinds of albums they release. Oh, and I love Around the Sun, by the way.:wink:

typhoon said:
It's bizarre that they released "The Great Beyond" and "Bad Day," two of their best singles ever, while they were making those crappy post-Up albums.

We have similar ways of thinking.

Top Song

Wouldn't say the albums post UP are crap though...

Worst Joke Ever, Around the Sun, Highspeed Train, Ascent of Man might sound lethargic.....but they are quite top songs...

The lyrics always sound so good when Stipe sings them. When I sing them, I sound like an utter twat (especially the chorus).

I love the song though. It's probably my second favourite by them.

Back
Top Bottom