R.E.M. Survivor - Up - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Lotus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suspicion

• Hope

• At My Most Beautiful

• Sad Professor

• Walk Unafraid

• Daysleeper

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Why Not Smile and Diminished were eliminated.

Votes:

Why Not Smile - 4
Diminished - 4
The Apologist - 1
Falls To Climb - 1

Falls to Climb because the day after my first vote against it, I still can't remember how it goes.

Note how I didn'tcare enough to go listen to it. If I remembered it on my own, it would be good. Therefore, it must be bad.

I had trouble recalling it too, but then I remembered this part:

"I'll be pounce pony,
phony maroney,
pony before the cart."

You gotta love pounce pony.

Though it probably is the weakest thing left.

I went with You're In The Air.

Cori has one song on this album that she can't remember too clearly, I have like 3 or 4 of 'em. And it's gonna be even worse when we get to Reveal and Around the Sun. There's gonna be enough dust on those CD cases to cover my entire bedroom floor.

Which is why for those two albums, we really should just pick our favorite song and be done with them.

That's what we're doing. Pick your 3-5 favorites and the two with the highest amount of votes goes on through.

I've said it before, but You're In The Air has an AMAZING vocal from Stipe; I can't believe that's not enough for so many people. Especially compared to Lotus, the obligatory "we can still ROCK" song.

I've said it before, but You're In The Air has an AMAZING vocal from Stipe; I can't believe that's not enough for so many people. Especially compared to Lotus, the obligatory "we can still ROCK" song.

Absolutely. Stipe in top form. That and Sad Professor are two standouts in that regard.

That's what we're doing. Pick your 3-5 favorites and the two with the highest amount of votes goes on through.

Really :|

Shame, I was looking forward to Reveal in particular, I think it's an absolute cracker of an album. Quite majestic. It's quite spectacular, featuring new ground for REM. Beautiful, but much maligned. I can never get enough of it. One of REM's finest. Much better than Accelerate.

God, I love Lotus. That guitar riff is absolutely killer, and the lyrics are much stronger (or at least evocative) than shit like Wake-Up Bomb and Departure.

God, I love Lotus. That guitar riff is absolutely killer, and the lyrics are much stronger (or at least evocative) than shit like Wake-Up Bomb and Departure.

I agree, it's better than both of those songs. But considering how ambitious this album is, having to fill the Berry void with some different styles and arrangements, it comes off rather rote to me.

I really dislike the melody of You're In the Air - the chorus is like nails on the blackboard for me, so I can't even comment on his vocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom