R.E.M. Survivor - Out Of Time - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Endgame and Shiny Happy People were eliminated.

Votes:

Endgame - 5
Shiny Happy People - 5
Radio Song - 3
Belong - 1
Half A World Away - 1
Me In Honey - 1

Well, at least we lost two at once.

Radio Song. KRS-ONE, your efforts were not appreciated.

I used to really love this song, but not so much anymore. I did get some good laughs at Stipe's faux-rapping when they did this live on their little acoustic tour.

Me In Honey.

Btw, finally we're on one of my top 5 R.E.M. albums. Forgot to say this on the other thread. :D

Just out of curiosity: which other bands besides Radio and Led had an Survivor?

Interesting... :hmm:

And how do you folks decide which band goes next?

Since I didn't post it in round 1, here's my take on Out Of Time:

Radio Song - Well, KRS-One's contribution is pretty much the worst thing I've ever heard in my life, but the song has a solid hook and is somewhat memorable. Not great, but kicks the shit out of, say, Pop Song 89.
Losing My Religion - Not really worth the hype, but it features the classic REM sound and some good lyrics. I certainly dig it. I think it's undeniably final draw material.
Low - Would be good if it had a better hook and audible percussion. As it is, it has neither, and none of my interest.
Near Wild Heaven - Totally gorgeous. I grin like an idiot whenever it's playing.
Endgame - Very pleasant, but I'm not surprised/disappointed to see it go.
Shiny Happy People - See: Endgame
Belong - Way to go, Stipe. Mumbling like a pretentious ass over what is an otherwise splendid little tune is always a great contribution, amirite?
Half A World Away - Unmemorable, but pleasant enough to avoid getting my vote. It just doesn't piss me off as much as Low does.
Texarkana - It's got that classic REM sound and feel, solid melody and lyrics, and it comes together very well. Pretty damn strong, and wouldn't complain if it made the finals.
Country Feedback - Powerful, haunting, hypnotic, and always a favorite of mine. Respect.
Me In Honey - Not much of a tune, but it's fun to harmonize with, and it sort of rocks.

Out Of Time is one of the most blatantly stereotypical REM albums, has no identity, and just amounts to a bunch of songs on a piece of plastic, but what the hell. At least these songs have some life to them, unlike Green.

Near Wild Heaven - Totally gorgeous. I grin like an idiot whenever it's playing.

Haha, I do to I think, it's got that wierd power to it....

Very sad to see two of my fave songs eliminated in the first round.

Radio Song has got to go....

didn’t pfan try a Bowie one as well?

Yeah, pFAIL tried, but never finished it.

Also, what's with all the Radio Song hate? I love that they tried something different, and that on the very album they went "mellow" they led off with a rap cameo. It's brilliant.

You all suck.

What are you sayin?
What are you playin?
Who you obeyin
Day out and day in?
Baby baby baby baby
That stuff is driving me crazy
DJs communicate to the masses
Sex and violent classes
Now our children grow up prisoners
All their lives...RADIO LISTENERS!!

Status