R.E.M. Survivor - Out Of Time - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Losing My Religion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low

• Near Wild Heaven

• Texarkana

• Country Feedback

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Pop Song 89 was eliminated, and You Are The Everything, World Leader Pretend, and Orange Crush proceeded to the final draw.

Votes:

Pop Song 89 - 8
You Are The Everything - 6
World Leader Pretend - 2
Orange Crush - 1

Final Draw:

Gardening At Night
Radio Free Europe
Pilgrimage
Perfect Circle
Sitting Still
Harborcoat
So. Central Rain
Pretty Persuasion
Feeling Gravitys Pull
Driver 8
Life And How To Live It
Begin The Begin
These Days
Fall On Me
Cuyahoga
Finest Worksong
Welcome to the Occupation
It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
The One I Love
You Are The Everything
World Leader Pretend
Orange Crush

Out Of Time placed 6th in the favorite R.E.M. albums poll, so three of its songs will proceed to the final draw.

Well, the first round isn't so hard.

Shiny Happy People. I mean, c'mon. Song's trash.

I will definitely not be sad if Shiny Happy People goes first, even if I think it's not as bad as a lot of people do.

I will definitely not be sad if Shiny Happy People goes first, even if I think it's not as bad as a lot of people do.

That's pretty much my sentiment. I don't hate the song by any means and it's not going to get my vote this round, but I won't be bothered when it gets the boot. I'm going to listen to the album again and decide what to go with.

This album hasn't held up that well for me. I just listened to it in full this weekend, and I didn't like it as much as I thought I did.

There are great songs for sure, but overall I don't think it's as strong as I did when it came out.

I guess I"m really just not with the norm when it comes to R.E.M. because, like Stand, Shiny Happy People is one of my favorite tracks by them.

I guess I"m really just not with the norm when it comes to R.E.M. because, like Stand, Shiny Happy People is one of my favorite tracks by them.

I don't think either one is bad. As a matter of fact, on their respective albums, I actually think they're kind of OK. It's only when compared to the classic stuff that they pale.

Meh. This album is yet to really grab my interest, and since it's not cool to like popular REM songs, my favourite track here will probably be ousted quickly.

Not sure I can be bothered voting. Guess I might try to prolong Shiny Happy People's run in the game or something.

Endgame it is.

Not sure I can be bothered voting. Guess I might try to prolong Shiny Happy People's run in the game or something.

If that wasn't sarcastic, I'll help.

I say this album should get four songs through, and Green only two...or take one away from Reveal or ATS...lots of good stuff on Out of Time.

Endgame sounds weakest to me.

Wheres u2popmofo? I thought he was an R.E.M. fan? Too cool for the survivor stuff I guess.

Okay, nobody touch anything, and we'll lose three at once and exchange high-fives all around.

Love Shiny Happy People, one of the best on the album. Yes, it's a kid's song, but a very good one. Brilliant music, love how well the harmonising works between Miss Pierson and Stipe on both this and Me In Honey......cracking songs them both.

:lmao:

Anytime I'm in need of a laugh, I watch that video. Michael Stipe's jumping around, Peter looks pissed off, and Mike Mills seems like he's loving it. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom