R.E.M. Survivor - New Adventures In Hi-Fi - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, The Wake-Up Bomb and Low Desert were eliminated.

Votes:

The Wake-Up Bomb - 6
Low Desert - 6
Leave - 2
How the West Was Won and Where It Got Us - 1
New Test Leper - 1
Be Mine - 1
So Fast, So Numb - 1

Remove Binky The Doormat and and So Fast, So Numb from the poll and you have a damn fine set of songs. These two are almost equally bland, but I find Binky slightly more listenable.

So sad... Other than that embarrassing bird-of-prey-like scrawk that Stipe lets slip before the guitar break (somebody else has to notice this), I think Binky is a pretty likeable song. It's got conviction and strong Mike Mills bkg vocals, a blueprint of numerous REM classics. Unfortunately, it is named Binky, such a severe blow to overcome. It's like naming your daughter Vulva and expecting her to have a great childhood and a lengthy list of suitors in adulthood.

Ok, Binky is not even close to being an REM classic. But I'd take three Binky's in exchange for Leave.

I think it's a shame How The West Was Won has survived further than Low Desert.

So sad... Other than that embarrassing bird-of-prey-like scrawk that Stipe lets slip before the guitar break (somebody else has to notice this), I think Binky is a pretty likeable song.

Perhaps not coincidentally, Bono's shriek in All Because of You is pretty similar in its weakness.

I do really like Binky, but just not as much as the remaining songs. Including How the West Was Won - I love its mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom