R.E.M. Survivor - New Adventures In Hi-Fi - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bittersweet Me because it's a rehash of Bang and Blame.

Unlike laz, I like Bang and Blame better.

Hmm...never really heard the similarities between the two. My problem with the song is that it's actually three songs in one: "I move across, innocence lost"/"I'd sooner chew my leg off"/"I couldn't taste it". Three completely different melodies there. The lyrics are pretty decent though, and I like those three melodies, so I'm not voting for it this time. I'll wait and see how it goes.

I don't think they have a similar melody in the way that Turn You Inside Out / Finest Worksong do, it's more that they feel the same to me.

Same mid-tempo, mild verses, bangier chorus ... I guess you could say that about a lot of songs, but coming on two consecutive albums, they just feel similar to me, like they stuck with the same recipe for both songs.

I really like Bittersweet Me, but it looks like it probably won't be around for much longer. Oh well. I could go with Binky or Low Desert or...I'll wait to see if I can help with a double elimination.

Ok I just listened to Be Mine, Departure, Bittersweet Me, and Low Desert...Departure is probably the weakest imo (although it does reference Salt Lake and the Salt Flats:). I liked Bittersweet Me more than I remembered and wouldn't mind seeing it stick around a little longer.

I like Departure, but am completely fine with it leaving first. Of the live rockers they played on the Monster tour, it's the weakest. ... aside from Revolution, which didn't even make the album, so there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom