R.E.M. Survivor - Green - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• World Leader Pretend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange Crush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Get Up, Stand, and I Remember California were all eliminated. ( :hyper: )

Votes:

Get Up - 4
Stand - 4
I Remember California - 4
World Leader Pretend - 1
Turn You Inside-Out - 1

Turn You Inside-Out is probably the weakest song here, although Pop Song 89 is hardly an all-time R.E.M. classic itself.

Turn You Inside Out winning over the mediocre Pop Song 89? WTF?

Well, I was going to vote for something to save Turn You, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Better cause I love Pop Song and didn't want to vote for it.

Btw, almost voted for World Leader Pretend, luckily I decided to give it a listen before do that since I wasn't being able to remeber it properly. It's a really nice song.
But I still think World and You Are the Everything are the least good songs in here. Anyway, not voting for anything this round. Just sad to see the best song on the album not making the semi-finals.

But I still think World and You Are the Everything are the least good songs in here.

:no:

My god, that is an awful opinion.

Unless by "least good" you somehow mean "best written lyrics and least embarrassing". I mean, I can understand someone preferring Orange Crush, which is another great one (if a little dated), but the other two? Wow.

Well, I think Turn You's melody is so damn good that I really don't care too much about its lyrics. About Pop Song, I always found those lyrics pretty cool and ironical, but maybe that's just me.
But You Are and World Leader are not bad songs at all, it's just that I prefer the other ones. :shrug:

On another note, there's really a small number of people voting here. I always thought a R.E.M. Survivor would draw a lot of people...

Coincidentally, I was listening to this album today... too bad I didn't notice this thread last round to save Get Up.

Tough to call anything Stipe sings through a bullhorn weak!

You Are The Everything is marginally inferior to Turn You Inside-Out. Shame this doesn't look like being a double elimination. Pop Song 89, World Leader Pretend, and Orange Crush aren't a bad bunch of finalists, though I'd prefer Stand in place of either PS89 or WLP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom