R.E.M. Survivor Final 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favourite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) was knocked out last round, saving Driver 8 to live again for hopefully every other round :wink: You know the drill VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG

5. So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)

6. Begin the Begin and Find the River
8. Cuyahoga
9. Try not to Breathe
10. These Days

11. Pilgrimage and Losing My Religion
13. Man on the Moon
14. Pretty Persuasion
15. The One I Love

16. E-Bow on the Letter, Finest Worksong and Country Feedback
19. Nightswimming
20. Perfect Circle

21. Harborcoat
22. Orange Crush and It's The End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
24. Life and How to Live It
25. Undertow and Sitting Still

27. Leave
28. Electrolite
29. Imitation of Life
30. Gardening at Night

Looking at it now, I think Driver 8 is my least favorite here.

Fall On Me is far and away the best song remaining, and I think it would be a worthy winner of the whole thing. So I'll try to help save it.

Alright, guys. Kenneth's good and all, but it's time for it to go.

Seriously.

According to the poll results as they stand right now, the two best REM songs are Kenneth and Radio Free Europe.

.... I think I'm going to cry.

voted kenneth to protect driver 8/fall on me. these two would be deserving - not kenneth or, my least favorite from these four, rfe

Kenneth's the only song I know here! I knew I was in the minority in thinking it was good at best, but I didn't know it was this loved. R.E.M. are one band who I'll never be into I guess :shrug:

For what it's worth, I just discovered this poll series. I would have been campaigning for "I Believe" and "Don't Go Back to Rockville" before anything that's left. It boggles my mind that "Kenneth" stuck around this long.

*insert long string of curse words here*

Fall On Me is gone? It is laughable to suggest that any of the 3 remaining are REM's best songs.

Driver 8 is great, but it's not even in my top 10 favorite REM songs.

I voted for Kenneth but Fall On Me still has a 2 vote lead :(

"Losing My Religion" isn't that great of a song. It's "Man on the Moon" you should be bitching about, and I'll be right there with you.

"Leave" would still be here, if it were up to me.

Personally I like ..Religion but I guess I can kinda see why it may not be that preferred here (ZOMG! Grammy winnar! no wai!!!).

But songs like Man On The Moon, Nightswimming, Find The River, Great Beyond... none of them are here! They're all Top 10 material as far as I am concerned.

I also think Low Desert is Top 10 material but few would agree with me. :wink:

Fall On Me is definitely one of my favorite R.E.M. songs and Kenneth would be high on my list, but yeah, these have been weird results.

I have no idea why Driver 8 is here.

Personally I like ..Religion but I guess I can kinda see why it may not be that preferred here (ZOMG! Grammy winnar! no wai!!!).

But songs like Man On The Moon, Nightswimming, Find The River, Great Beyond... none of them are here! They're all Top 10 material as far as I am concerned.

I also think Low Desert is Top 10 material but few would agree with me. :wink:

I'm not arguing that "Losing My Religion" isn't a good song, just that I don't see it in the upper-echelon of their discography. You could say that any group of huge fans of a particular band don't find their more popular tracks to be their finest, and vice versa.

these are the top 4 REM songs? Really? Fall On Me (which is about to be eliminated :huh: ) I can see but the other three? I didn't vote in these finals because I honestly found it too difficult to choose and I don't like only voting for a couple of rounds because I feel it kind of messes with the results.

But yeah, this is pretty bad...

You could say that any group of huge fans of a particular band don't find their more popular tracks to be their finest, and vice versa.

...which frankly I don't get. Actually I get it but don't share that elitist sentiment that a true music fan does not like the stuff that thousands around the world do. We like what we like. It shouldn't change depending on how popular something is.

...which frankly I don't get. Actually I get it but don't share that elitist sentiment that a true music fan does not like the stuff that thousands around the world do. We like what we like. It shouldn't change depending on how popular something is.

I'm not saying that, but here's a collection of people who are bigger fans of R.E.M. than the casual bunch who may hear tracks on the radio or hear compilation albums, grew up on them, etc... and they have connections to different tracks.

Someone's favorite track could be "Leave" over something more popular like "Shiny Happy People," which more people know because it was a single, had radio-play, and was on a more popular album.

Popular doesn't equal finest, and finest doesn't equal popular.

So have you heard any of their albums besides Automatic and the greatest hits? ;)

P.S. Someone get me a tissue. :(

So have you heard any of their albums besides Automatic and the greatest hits? ;)

P.S. Someone get me a tissue. :(

Dude, don't get between me and my Automatic. Besides, you killed off Find The River! :mad:

PS: I have almost all their albums and my top favorites are Automatic, Out Of Time, New Adventures, LRP and Document.

Fair enough. I guess I just don't like that album as much as most people do. :p

Yes, I helped destroy Find The River. But apparently karma is a bitch, and it's taken my Fall On Me.

Goodnight, sweet prince. :(

Losing My Religion not being on my list of favorite REM songs has nothing to do with it being a Grammy winner or because it was so popular.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Zoots.

Losing My Religion not being on my list of favorite REM songs has nothing to do with it being a Grammy winner or because it was so popular.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Zoots.

Well, I'm not talking about everyone. I was specifically addressing those fans who shun anything mainstream or popular just to be elitist. Sorry if it came off like I was calling all hardcore fans as elitist. :slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom