R.E.M. Survivor - Fables Of The Reconstruction - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Feeling Gravitys Pull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maps And Legends

• Driver 8

• Life And How To Live It

• Cant Get There From Here

• Kohoutek

• Good Advices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, 7 Chinese Bros. and (Don't Go Back To) Rockville were both eliminated, and Harborcoat, So. Central Rain, and Pretty Persuasion went on to the final draw.

Votes:

7 Chinese Bros. - 5
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville - 5
So. Central Rain - 2
Harborcoat - 1

Final Draw:

Gardening At Night
Radio Free Europe
Pilgrimage
Perfect Circle
Sitting Still
Harborcoat
So. Central Rain
Pretty Persuasion

Next, we move on to Fables Of The Reconstruction. Fables placed 8th on the favorite R.E.M. album poll, so three of its songs will proceed to the final draw.

I haven't heard this one in a month or two, so I'll give it another listen and report back.

Hmmm, I'll have to listen to this again, too. Right now I'd say the three I want to move on are Driver 8, Can't Get There From Here, and Life and How to Live it.

Life and How to Live It is one of my all-time favorite REM songs.

Can't Get There From Here is good, but there are others I'd put ahead of it.

The three I'm pulling for are Driver 8, Life and How to Live It and .... hm. Maps and Legends is great, but so are Good Advices and Green Grow the Rushes.

I'd be happy with Maps and Legends or Good Advices taking that third spot.

You know what I just remembered is my least favorite song on this album? Auctioneer. I think I remember something really grating going on in that song. The chorus maybe? I'll listen to it later but it's getting my vote right now.

Auctioneer is my second least favorite. Old Man Kensey bores me, but Auctioneer is annoying.

Honestly, I don't even know how the last four songs go. Unless I heard the titles in the lyrics I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. I just know that every time I listen to this album it just runs out of steam for me, which sucks because the first seven songs are all so good.

Anyway, I'll give it another listen today.

I remember reading somewhere that Peter Buck hates the song Wendell Gee and thinks it's one of the worst songs R.E.M. has ever recorded. I actually like it more than a handful of the other songs on this album. Sorry, Pete.

Peter Buck also said in 1991 that he was into the mandolin and didn't want to play the guitar again.

In short, he's a bit of an idiot. I think his infamous air rage court case proved that one.

Peter Buck also said in 1991 that he was into the mandolin and didn't want to play the guitar again.

In short, he's a bit of an idiot. I think his infamous air rage court case proved that one.

This is my favourite REM album. It's got some great stuff on it ... and then there's Wendell Gee.

Feeling Gravity's Pull and Driver 8 better progress to the next round. As for the third song, I could take a number of tracks here and be just about equally happy, though I think I'd most like Maps And Legends to go through.

I agree with Peter...Wendell Gee for me.
The last 5 tracks are all kinda weak

Life and How to Live It, Feeling Gravitys Pull, and Maps and Legends are the best here.

:hmm: This is probably the R.E.M. album I've heard most, but, I'm going to have to think on this, and listen to the album a couple more times first.

So I'm not the only person who loves this album? Yay! I always felt weird for liking it better than some of the more acclaimed R.E.M. albums.

I'm voting to eliminate Auctioneer.

I hope Feeling Gravity's Pull makes it out alive. I love that song so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom