R.E.M. Survivor - Document - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Finest Worksong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welcome to the Occupation

• Exhuming McCarthy

• Disturbance at the Heron House

• It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

• The One I Love

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, I Believe was eliminated, and Begin The Begin, These Days, Fall On Me, and Cuyahoga were sent through to the final draw.

Votes:

I Believe - 8
Fall On Me - 3
These Days - 2
Begin The Begin - 1

Final Draw:

Gardening At Night
Radio Free Europe
Pilgrimage
Perfect Circle
Sitting Still
Harborcoat
So. Central Rain
Pretty Persuasion
Feeling Gravitys Pull
Driver 8
Life And How To Live It
Begin The Begin
These Days
Fall On Me
Cuyahoga

Document came in fourth in the favorite R.E.M. albums poll, so four of its songs will proceed to the final draw.

I'm not sure about which one I should vote yet.
Just passing by to tell people: don't vote for Lightnin' Hopkins :mad: :wink:

This is such an awesome album. Got to go with Strange here, enjoyable though it may be.

The four I hope go through are Finest Worksong, Welcome to the Occupation, It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine), and The One I Love. I don't give a fuck if those last two were overplayed; they're superb.

And mr. lazarus manages to do that before I even posted. :wink:

My picks are the first four tracks. Yeah, the singles are great, but I think McCarthy and Heron House are both better. Very similar to Lifes Rich Pageant in that the first four songs absolutely KILL.

Really? Exhuming McCarthy? I think it's a fun track, but it wanders around and never really hits a groove. For someone who wanted Cant Get There From Here gone rather early in the Fables draw, I'm surprised you like that one.

Oddfellows. One of my least favorite REM songs ever.

Firehoooooooooouse.

FIREHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUSE!

I couldn't for the life of me remember what Fireplace sounds like

Finest worksong, End of the world and One I love are great
Welcome to the Ocupation, Heron House and Kind of Birds very good
the rest I can take or leave

Listening to the album right now - Fireplace is fantastic, Lightnin' Hopkins less so. I'm almost regretting my vote for Strange.

Strange is like Underneath the Bunker and We Walk to me - fluffy and silly, but so refreshing to hear them sounding like they're having fun.

I don't care that it's a cover. It shouldn't go yet.

Really? Exhuming McCarthy? I think it's a fun track, but it wanders around and never really hits a groove. For someone who wanted Cant Get There From Here gone rather early in the Fables draw, I'm surprised you like that one.

I think it's got a great lyric, and a great chorus, plus that cool bass strutting sound in the break. And that little part with the political ranting. I don't know where else you want it to "go".

If you catch me on the right day I will tell you that this is my favorite R.E.M. album.

LOVE it. Love everything on it. It was the first R.E.M. album I ever bought, and Finest Worksong literally kicked my ass across the living room.

Strange, Oddfellows, and Lightnin Hopkins are all songs that I really enjoy but they should probably be the first three to go. I think I'll go with Oddfellows.

Great album, I'm hoping Fireplace. King Of Birds, End Of The World and Exhuming McCarthy progress, and will vote to protect them....doubt they all will though.

Wow, I'm surprised Oddfellows is leading this. At least it has a cool rhythm section. Lightning Hopkins is just...not as good of a rocker as the other ones on here. Weak vocal, too.

Im with you Intedomine, I'll try and vote to get Fireplace through....but yeah doubt it will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom