R.E.M. Survivor - Automatic For The People - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Drive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try Not To Breathe

• The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite

• Man On The Moon

• Nightswimming

• Find The River

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, New Orleans Instrumental No. 1 was mercy ruled.

Votes:

New Orleans Instrumental No. 1 - 9
Everybody Hurts - 1
Ignoreland - 1
Find The River - 1

My top four from this album:

Monty Got A Raw Deal
Man On The Moon
Nightswimming
Find The River (the ending trio of this album is one of the all-time greats)

Next up, Everybody Hurts. I want to hurt Stipe every time I hear it. I consider it an act of self defense.

Man On the Moon is a really great song, but I am SO tired of it.

My top 4:

Find the River
Drive
Try Not to Breathe
Sweetness Follows

My top 4 are Sidewinder, Man on the Moon, Nightswimming and Find the River. All 4 of which would probably be in my all-time top 10 or 15 R.E.M. songs.

And I'm not sure what I want to vote for here.

even if I would listen to Everybody Hurts 5 times a day for the next 40 years Ignoreland would still be an inferior song

And Star Me Kitten is one of my favorites here, but it's clearly not going to make it very far.

I guess I'm in the minority, because despite it being overplayed, I don't mind Everybody Hurts.

Ignoreland for me.

My top four would be Try Not To Breathe, Man On The Moon, Nightswimming, and Find The River.

Everybody Hurts, I suppose. I rather enjoy Ignoreland, actually. The two songs I particularly want to be finalists are Drive and Find The River; I'm not so fussed what other songs fill the remaining spots. Would like Ignoreland to be one of them, but if it goes, it goes and I don't care too greatly.

Try Not to Breathe, Everybody Hurts, Man on the Moon and Nightswimming for me.

I haven't seen the poll yet, I'll vote for whatever's winning..

I was torn between MGaRD and Ignoreland. Went for MGaRD.

EDIT: People voting for Everybody Hurts is sad. If it wasn't released as a single and wasn't a "hit" I believe it wouldn't recieve a single vote. Just like UtEotW in U2's Survivor.

And btw, 22 votes! Awesome!

Except Until the End of the World wasn't a huge single, and it hasn't been overplayed, and it doesn't get that many votes in the survivors.

wow, I figgured Everybody Hurts was more liked than this, it's never been a fav of mine but still...

I voted for Ignoreland to hopefully at least get a double elmination this round, even though I dislike Star Me Kitten more.

EDIT: People voting for Everybody Hurts is sad. If it wasn't released as a single and wasn't a "hit" I believe it wouldn't recieve a single vote. Just like UtEotW in U2's Survivor.

Well, I would certainly be irritated by it a little less often, so that's something in its corner.

24 votes :hyper:

Wow, this is by far the most votes we've received in any round.

Fucking bandwagoning frontrunners. I'ma have to get all Buffy Summers circa 1997 on your asses. I have a wooden stake in my purse. It's the new mace.

Except Until the End of the World wasn't a huge single, and it hasn't been overplayed, and it doesn't get that many votes in the survivors.

No, I was saying that UtEotW is all that you said, that's why it doesn't get that many votes.

And... 25 votes :dance:

Well, almost a triple one this time. I guess it's better that it wasn't since I still have some doubts that Star is gonna be the next one out. :hmm:

Oh... and how many songs proceed? Four? I can't choose only four. :(

My four:

Sweetness Follows
Find the River
Nightswimming
Man on the Moon, even if I'm a little sick of it.

Actually... yes. I agree.

Even though I could probably swap Man on the Moon for Drive and be just as satisfied.

Sweetness Follows owns our collective souls, however. One of their greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom