R.E.M. Survivor - Automatic For The People - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Drive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try Not To Breathe

• The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite

• Man On The Moon

• Nightswimming

• Find The River

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of popularity it's pretty much top dog, but I and many others would put a number of albums ahead of it.

For me: Out of Time, Green, Life's Rich Pageant, New Adventures in Hi-Fi, Up, and maybe even Murmur.

Well I guess I'll have to check a few of those out. Nothing on this album blows me away though. Nightswimming's great however.

Oh and by the way, I remember you saying Bowie's Low will change your life. I wouldn't say it changed my life or anything, but damn it's good. I've had it for probably a year or so now and still love it fiercely.

Sorry Lance, but no way in hell is Green better than Automatic. You have a legitimate case with Up, and maybe even Out of Time, but Green is a shallow piece of shit with only a few highlights. It rocks more, but that ain't saying much. You also FAIL for not listing Document.

Though you get major points for loving Sweetness Follows. I still think it should have opened the album, and I wish the song would get more attention.

Sorry Lance, but no way in hell is Green better than Automatic. You have a legitimate case with Up, and maybe even Out of Time, but Green is a shallow piece of shit with only a few highlights. It rocks more, but that ain't saying much. You also FAIL for not listing Document.

Though you get major points for loving Sweetness Follows. I still think it should have opened the album, and I wish the song would get more attention.

Yeah yeah, what can I do... Such is the ebb and flow of my life. The cosmic cycle. Yin and Yang. Stipe and Boner.

For me, the only albums in the R.E.M. catalogue that come close to Automatic are Document and Lifes Rich Pageant.

I would put Murmur right up there, too, but I don't seem to come back to it as often as those others. Anyway, it's all good. Love your mother. Be good to the girl in high school that you have a crush on and things will probably end up all right. No-one is dying tonight.

Sad to see New Orleans eliminated first....

Fuck Me Kitten has to stay a bit longer.

I'd love to see Sweetness Follows progress, a shamelessly beautiful tune...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom