R.e.m.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think Stipey will dress up in a Santa suit, complete with big, colorful raccoon stripe across his eyes?

:hyper:

:wink:

I'm hoping for something crazy.
I'm going to go and check it out tonight. I haven't heard much about it around town, though. Flagpole had a comment about it a few weeks ago, but nothing since then, I don't think. I'm wondering if Peter is still in Europe with the Minus 5...

I really wish I had a usable camera around right about now.

edit: I just read on remhq.com that Mills is actually going to be the Grand Marshall. I hope this means we'll get Stipe in the Santa suit lighting the Christmas tree at town hall. :lol:
Whatever happens, it should be rather entertaining. I'll post any newspaper photos I find...

Last edited:
Update:
I decided to go downtown, park early and come to the campus main library until time for the parade. On my way here, I passed Mills crossing the street by the Arch. He stopped and posed for a few photos for fans and seems in a great mood.

Last edited:
:lol:
Anyone not familar with the Georgia lingo is probably going "huh?" right now. I'll be working during the game. :(

And I'll be at Apalachee HS finishing my teaching degree next semester. I'm not really looking forward to it... being there, I mean.

You were at the parade, weren't you? or not? So what did you think of it? I wrote in my journal about the weird "crucified spinning Jesus in a gift box" float that was a few cars behind Mr. Mills. It freaked me out.:uhoh:

This is from the Athens Banner-Herald:

8557_512.jpg

Yes, the spinning "Christ-in-the-box" was the most disturbing thing i've ever seen in a parade--had to retreat to the Nowhere Bar for a shot after that. i thought Christmas was a celebration of the BIRTH of Christ. The crucifixion should be in the Easter Parade, right?

:lol: I spent all today wanting to get online to see how the parade was. Glad to hear it was a success (minus spinning Jesus in a box, of course).

Back
Top Bottom