Quote of the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Clarence! I want to live!"

My boss says this. All the time.

We will not discuss such expressions as, "Cool!", "Young lady!" "My gentleman." and other such random commentary, lest I be forced to beat him.:p

Me: "Babe, trying that is like the equavilant of smelling salts.
Its like WOAH! Im awake now!
Dont tell me you cant tell the difference?"

He:"Not when im drunk".

Should i take this as a compliment?

My Friend:"You will get down on one knee...and hand him a gorgeous piece of weaponry."

Me: "You mean a cheap plastic musket..."

My Friend: "GORGEOUS PIECE OF WEAPONRY!"

(she's trying to get me to fake-marry one of my best friends...it's been a running joke for about a year...and a really long story involving a library and a musket :| )

When my best friend and I were in 7th grade math, in order to remember pie I had made up, "The Pies are in the oven, forks are in the pies." Then a few weeks before we graduated she asked me to write something in her quote book to remember me by, so I wrote:

"Pies are in the oven, forks are in the pies, get that fork out of the oven before it blows up."

And she's always considered that to be her favorite quote of mine.

"Eleanor Rigby was a tennis player back in the 70's. Later she did tampon commercials, didn't she?"

said by Mr. LG, who still believes this is true. We were at a restaurant and a Muzak version of Eleanor Rigby came on, to which I just muttered, "Oh, Eleanor Rigby" and he came up with this saying.

Some of my favorite George W. Bush quotes.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
Aug 5th, 2004

"She is a fabulous First Lady. I was a lucky man when she said, yes, I agree to marry you. I love her dearly, and I'm proud of the job she's doing on behalf of all Americans. Just like I love my brother."
Sept 9, 2003

"You're working hard to put food on your family."
Jan 27, 2000

This one's a little long, but trust me, you'll love how it ends. :)
"We've got a year-and-a-while during my first term to make the world a more peaceful place and we'll deal with it. Washington loves speculation. Clearly, you love speculation. You love it. You love to speculate about... Let me finish, please, let me finish. You love to speculate about whether so-and-so is going to be a part of the administration or not. And I understand the game. But I have got to do my job, and I'm going to do it. And I'm going to do it with the Secretary of State."
Aug 6th, 2003

Back
Top Bottom