Quincy Carter cut (does best Micheal Irvin impression)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Cowboys of the early nineties are back! Or something....

Quarterback Quincy Carter is expected to be released by the Dallas Cowboys Wednesday after testing positive for cocaine, league sources told FOX NFL Sunday insider John Czarcecki.

The move may become official during Cowboys coach Bill Parcells' news conference at 11:30 a.m. PT Wednesday at the team's training camp headquarters in Oxnard, Ca.
According to an earlier broadcast report, Carter was AWOL from practice Wednesday morning, and the absence is not injury related and the Cowboys will be making an "official" statement regarding Carter after the conclusion of practice. But other broadcast reports have intimated that the Cowboys quarterback will be released, leaving Vinny Testaverde and Drew Henson to battle for the starting position.

Micky Spagnola, the station's Cowboys beat reporter, compared the situation to that of Tony Banks three years ago where Banks was absent from practice and it was announced after practice that he had been cut.

This move comes on the heels of unanimous opinions that Henson has been the best quarterback in camp thus far, which had to be at least mildly upseting to Carter, who started all 16 games for the Cowboys in 2003, leading them to a 10-6 record.

In his first season as the full-time starter - after splitting time the first two seasons - Carter threw for 3,302 yards, but had 21 interceptions and 17 touchdowns. He was intercepted at least twice in six games.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

The Cowboys suck with or without Carter. If I was Vinny I'd bail for somewhere that has a decent chance of winning in this decade.

What do you call a Dallas Cowboys huddle?

A drug ring.

Seriously, boo to Quincy for that. And as a Michigan fan, I'm rooting for Drew, even though I am not genealogically allowed to like the Cowboys. Actually, boo to Jerry Jones for getting players I like for his team (Drew Henson, Roy Williams) and trying to lure me into being a Cowboys fan. :angry:

:lol: at HG!

I despise the Cowboys.

There isn't a single sports franchise that I despise more.

I enjoy seeing the bad things happen to the Cowboys. :D

Hewson said:
Eli took his signing bonus and went out and bought himself some serious bling bling...of course bling bling for Eli was a tractor.

:lmao:

I too despise the Cowboys ... it's the GB Packer fan in me. However it's hard to depise a team that really isn't all that competitive. I have now focused most of my dislike from the Cowboys to a certain team from a state to the west of Wisconsin.

I really dont' think this is a huge loss....th cowboys knew he wasn't the qb of the future..he just didn't have it...drew henson will be at the helm by game 7

I'm a bills fan...I want to see the cowboys be humliated...as a revenge for the childhood trauma I suffered.

Back
Top Bottom