Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:| just got back from dinner and a movie with that guy I've invested 5 months of my time to.....yeah. Zero spark. :| We seem to get along great on the phone but there's just nothing there in person. I'm pissed. I sort of felt this in Oct but thought I needed to give him another chance. I have no plans for the time I'm here and he didn't say much about going out again. I asked him if he wanted to meet my friends and I at a bar on sat night and he said he had other plans. :| So we have tentative plans to meet on Sun afternoon to watch the Vikings game at a bar. I don't know.....I'm annoyed by the whole thing. :angry: Damn, damn, damn. :mad:

:( :hug:

It is in fact snowing.

It is the one day it is ok to snow ~ Christmas Eve :heart:
They are big fluffy flakes ~ snowglobe effect.

Thanks for the laugh this morning
:wink:

As soon as you get a GB hoodie :)

:no: no thanks!

We saw Yesman last night and in one scene Jim Carrey is at a football game in Nebraska with corn on his head. So I guess GB isn't the only place that wears food on their heads!

One of the previews before the movie showed a new Renee Z (no clue how to spell her last name). Anyways it appears to be another Fargo :angry: only this time it's actually set in a town in MN. It's a town called New Ulm, a little southwest from here by a few hours. In one scene they showed a father and a kid sitting on the couch in purple jerseys wearing viking horns with long blond braids :heart: Everyone talking in the movie had the fake accent. :angry: :madspit: I can't wait to see it!!!!

I want to go back to Phx tomorrow instead of next Thurs. It's cold and there's nothing to do. All of my friends appear to be busy, which is totally understandable. I can't expect them to drop their holiday plans because I'm in town unexpectedly. My parents are driving me up a wall already and now think I'm depressed about last night and won't stop talking about it. :| I'm annoyed that I invested so much time into something that's not going to happen. I'm annoyed that I'm in town this week with nothing to do and he's off of work and has made no attempt to plan anything. But I'm not depressed.

And with that I think I'll stop spamming randoooooom with my every thought.......

ok one more thing and then I'll stop.....

I emailed the boy :uhoh: I didn't say anything about last night. I just asked if he would be interested in being a tourist in St Paul with me on Fri and going to some of the museums and/or old mansions for tours and then finishing the day off at my absolute favorite irish pub in all of the world....outside of a real one in Ireland. He knows how much I love this pub so we'll see.......

Maybe the lack of spark is a sign to pursue things with the guy at work. Wasn't there someone at work who you were interested in/was interested in you? :)

I know you're not supposed to say mean things about your grandmother, but for god's sake, why do I have to spend Christmas at the annoying grandmother's place :reject:.

Maybe the lack of spark is a sign to pursue things with the guy at work. Wasn't there someone at work who you were interested in/was interested in you? :)

I know you're not supposed to say mean things about your grandmother, but for god's sake, why do I have to spend Christmas at the annoying grandmother's place :reject:.

well there's 2 guys......one is twice divorced with 4 kids and only wants a friends with benefits relationship. The other is mysterious. He's also originally from Mexico. Nothing wrong with that but he has a gigantic family that mainly speaks spanish. I think our cultures would clash. Plus I think he just wants me to come over and teach him a thing or two about cake decorating...I think. He's a culinarian with a passion for pastries so he seeks me out at every chance he can get. But most of my coworkers thinks it's because he likes me and that's the only way he can show it. :shrug: I'm not really all that interested in either guy. It's fun to have them chasing me all over the resort but it won't go further than that.

Don't be annoyed with your grandma! :tsk: I'd love to have both of mine back....but I do know what you mean. My dad's mom was always just an old lady to me and drove me nuts at times.

Yeah, the twice divorced guy with 4 kids doesn't exactly sound like great boyfriend material.

My dad's mother was the sweetest woman, almost the stereotypical grandmother.

My mom's mother . . . well, she doesn't really do sweet anymore. She will say anything that enters her head . . . anything :shifty: :lol: If she thinks you're fat, she doesn't like you're hair, etc. . . . she'll let you know.

I never met my dad's mom (or father).
My mom's mom :heart: and her father :heart:........miss them both.

Merry Christmas!

I am eating the cookies that the cousin/cousin's family brought over this afternoon. I gotta say that her baking has improved BIG TIME.

My mom's mother . . . well, she doesn't really do sweet anymore. She will say anything that enters her head . . . anything :shifty: :lol: If she thinks you're fat, she doesn't like you're hair, etc. . . . she'll let you know.

Sounds like a interesting night.

I booked my return flight for next Thurs. I will be back in Phx next week at this time. Hopefully when I get to work that afternoon, to check in with things not to actually work, I will have some sort of an idea if I'll have a steady job again. My supervisor thinks so just by looking at the estimated parties but won't know until early next week when the estimated occupancy rate comes in.

I saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. Brad Pitt :combust: :faint: Oh.my.god..........that man :love:

He's an old man for part of the movie but once he's young :faint: :censored: :combust:

Go see it!

It's almost 3 hours long but oh soooooooo worth it :love:

:shifty: :reject: so ya about tomorrow.....I have plans with the boy. :huh:
Maybe he isn't sure of how to take it further :shrug: Or if there is no spark, a new friend is gained.

I booked my return flight for next Thurs. I will be back in Phx next week at this time. Hopefully when I get to work that afternoon, to check in with things not to actually work, I will have some sort of an idea if I'll have a steady job again. My supervisor thinks so just by looking at the estimated parties but won't know until early next week when the estimated occupancy rate comes in.
I will keep my fingers crossed that you will have a steady job/paycheck
I saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. Brad Pitt :combust: :faint: Oh.my.god..........that man :love:

He's an old man for part of the movie but once he's young :faint: :censored: :combust:

Go see it!

It's almost 3 hours long but oh soooooooo worth it :love:

I want to see it but no one else I know wants to so it looks like a future Netflix rental

Maybe he isn't sure of how to take it further :shrug: Or if there is no spark, a new friend is gained.

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will have a steady job/paycheck

I want to see it but no one else I know wants to so it looks like a future Netflix rental

I know...we'll see how tomorrow and Sunday goes. If it's not meant to be then I'm ok with it. I'm too messed up right now with trying to figure out where I want to live and work in this world anyways.

Thanks. I hope I have my job back. I miss working, I miss my coworkers, I miss the resort, I miss all of the people that work at the resort that I interact with. So why do I want to leave? Who knows....I wanted to get out of there before there ever was "a boy" so I know it's not him.

You should just go see it alone! It's sooooooo worth it! And how can no one you know not want to see that hot man on the big screen? There's only few men in this world that I'll use the :combust: smilie for and he's certainly one of them :combust: :drool:

kariann :wave:
hope you had a Merry Christmas and thanks arw for the wishes :)

Santa was good to me as usual. Giftcards from Starbucks and iTunes and some sweaters/tops, a pair of pants and some comfyand warm pj's. I also got a knee support ~never ever imagined me getting excited over something like that.

Am just about ready to hit the hay. I am scheduled for 5:30 a.m. and I have to wind down so I will lay in bed in the dark veg-ing out.
I have the weekend off so I can catch up on my sleep and give the knee a rest (no snow shoveling Sat or Sunday :hyper: ).

^you said a mouthful!
It was truly frightening! Our owners enforced the coupon policy which led to me and my co-workers getting yelled at, frequently. :happy:
I am :yawn: tired.

well the boy and I are no more. We went to a bunch of old mansions in St Paul and then dinner at one of my favorite pubs. There just wasn't anything there and he felt it too. So....we're done. I'm bummed that I invested 5 months of my time into someone but given the situation of living in 2 different states it took a lot longer than it normally would. At least I know and can go back to Phoenix without having this to think about.

thanks....I feel a lot more confident now about "getting back in there" than I did before I met this guy. I didn't think I would end up marrying the 1st guy that I went out with once I decided it was time to start dating again. So now I feel a lot better about starting over now that I've had a 5 month relationship.... ok so it was an email/phone relationship more than anything but it was still good enough for me to be able to try to find someone else. I keep holding onto the idea that I'm going to be coming back to MN soon. But honestly with the way the job market is right now I'm lucky that I have some sort of a job. So maybe I should look in Phx instead of MN. So many of my work friends want to set me up with someone. Also a good friend of the family now lives in Phx. She's about my age and judging from her facebook page, she knows a lot of people and goes to a lot of jewish singles things. I have hesitated to talk to her about it because she grew up very wealthy and I know a lot of her friends out there have money so the type of guys she knows would probably expect to go out with someone a little more sophisticated than a poor pastry chef who grew up with not a lot. But ya never know. She very nice and not a snob at all for the money she has been around. She keeps asking if my sister and I want to catch up on old times so maybe I'll take her up on the offer and ask her is she knows anyone that's not going to expect some richey rich girl like her....I've known her basically since birth so she'll understand what I mean.

touring old houses filled with antiques from the mid 1800's did not go over well with the sinuses. I felt a huge sneeze coming on all day today and when it finally happened it was so painful. I have the worst sinus pressure all over now. :happy: Good thing I left my allergy pills in AZ :angry: I wonder if my dad has any allergy/sinus pills. I feel like I got punched in the nose today :happy:

It was perfect weather for going into old St Paul mansions....rainy, foggy, mid 30's. The only bummer of the fog was that it blocked the views of the mississippi and Cathedral.

allergy pills :heart:

my dad has more stuff in his medicine cabinet than I do in mine! :yikes: So now I'm down to a minor headache instead of major face pain. It's a start....

Sorry about the boy, arw.
Fresh start :up:
You did allergy pills, I went to the cold meds. Seems to have helped, also.

I came home and crashed. Hard.

I caught up on movies I rented from Netflix. The Last King of Scotland and then The Kite Runner. Both were so good.

It is a foggy, rainy, slushy mess here and I am loving it! 50 degrees :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom