Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:angry::angry::angry:

no car yet. WTF.

ah yeah......I was the "last" person to bring in my car today at all of 11 am so I'm the last car to get worked on. It will be ready in an hour.

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww

the houseguest decided he needed more winter clothes since it actually is freezing in the desert right now. Instead of getting in his car AND GOING HOME, he went to a thrift store today. He's wearing a "new" sweatshirt. I don't know if it's a thrift store purchase or from somewhere else. If it's a thrift store shirt, he didn't wash it first :barf: :yuck: x100000000000000000000000000000

^that is the holiday season spirit :D I knew I liked you :macdevil:

We are screwed:
Thursday Night: Snow and widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Windy, with a east wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Friday: Snow and areas of blowing snow, mainly before noon. High near 28. Windy, with a northeast wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northeast wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. East wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

:scream:

The hysterical Tom Hanks in Money Pit laughter is about to begin :lmao::lmao: Ya gott love the "phew" at the end of the forecast discussion :lmao:

EARLY NEXT WEEK...
BELIEVE IT OR NOT...BUT THE PATTERN STILL LOOKS ACTIVE INTO EARLY
NEXT WEEK. THERE IS SOME EVIDENCE OF ANOTHER STORM GETTING
ORGANIZED IN THE MID MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY IN THE TUESDAY TIME
FRAME. INCLUDED A CHANCE OF SNOW WITH THAT SYSTEM ALSO.

PHEW.

I don't know what it is about Wednesdays since I moved here. I always think it's Thursday no matter what I'm doing. :der:

I have tons to do but I have zero money to spend so I'm not motivated to get off the couch. We weren't going to exchange gifts this year but then the holidays season bug got to everyone but me so now we're giving gifts. Now I'm obligated to spend...ie charge....money I don't have to buy gifts for everyone since they're buying me stuff. I don't want or need anything and asked that no one spend money on me this year but that wish was denied. Plus I know the only one in my family that has extra money to spend is my brother. So I don't like it when my parents are out spending money on me instead of using it for themselves.

^that is the holiday season spirit :D I knew I liked you :macdevil:

We are screwed:
Thursday Night: Snow and widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Windy, with a east wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Friday: Snow and areas of blowing snow, mainly before noon. High near 28. Windy, with a northeast wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northeast wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. East wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

:scream:

The hysterical Tom Hanks in Money Pit laughter is about to begin :lmao::lmao: Ya gott love the "phew" at the end of the forecast discussion :lmao:

EARLY NEXT WEEK...
BELIEVE IT OR NOT...BUT THE PATTERN STILL LOOKS ACTIVE INTO EARLY
NEXT WEEK. THERE IS SOME EVIDENCE OF ANOTHER STORM GETTING
ORGANIZED IN THE MID MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY IN THE TUESDAY TIME
FRAME. INCLUDED A CHANCE OF SNOW WITH THAT SYSTEM ALSO.

PHEW.

:yikes: If this winter is anything like last winter, I'm worried that you're going to need medication to get through it without laughing like Tom Hanks for 5 months.

I don't know what it is about Wednesdays since I moved here. I always think it's Thursday no matter what I'm doing. :der:

I have tons to do but I have zero money to spend so I'm not motivated to get off the couch. We weren't going to exchange gifts this year but then the holidays season bug got to everyone but me so now we're giving gifts. Now I'm obligated to spend...ie charge....money I don't have to buy gifts for everyone since they're buying me stuff. I don't want or need anything and asked that no one spend money on me this year but that wish was denied. Plus I know the only one in my family that has extra money to spend is my brother. So I don't like it when my parents are out spending money on me instead of using it or themselves.

What about making some pretty *coupons* good for making dessert of their choice when you are in town..........or for making dinner or something like that? They know your financial situation and I would think that they would appreciate your special desserts for a big family gathering or just for themselves :shrug:. Maybe a gals day out when you go home to visit............a walk around the lake, coffee, lunch............it takes the immediate spending of $$$$$$$ away now and postpones it till the visit home and you could put a little bit aside every paycheck to cover it

:yikes: If this winter is anything like last winter, I'm worried that you're going to need medication to get through it without laughing like Tom Hanks for 5 months.
Um yeah, I will
Before the broke leg I never had problems with storms like this, but now......:tsk: I hate them!

I was up at 3 this morning shoveling and it took until 4:20 to finish that ( I think I freaked out the plow driver who came down the street at 3:50, I was the only one out there ~ I had to be. Store opened at 6 so I had to leave by 5:30) . It was only 3.5" last night and it took an hour and 20 minutes to finish. Thurs. night/Friday 12 inches with blowing and drifting? :yikes:

My cat also hogs the blanket and hisses at me when I try to move it/her.

Tampa weather:

Our tranquil and warm weather will continue for awhile, evening temps in the upper 60s and low 70s under mostly clear skies. Fog forming again overnight, lows in the low 60s with more of the same for Thursday, near 80 for a high.

Yeah, I know, I suck :reject: but it was really cold (for us) last week. It was in the 40s.

Um yeah, I will
Before the broke leg I never had problems with storms like this, but now......:tsk: I hate them!

I was up at 3 this morning shoveling and it took until 4:20 to finish that ( I think I freaked out the plow driver who came down the street at 3:50, I was the only one out there ~ I had to be. Store opened at 6 so I had to leave by 5:30) . It was only 3.5" last night and it took an hour and 20 minutes to finish. Thurs. night/Friday 12 inches with blowing and drifting? :yikes:

:hug: I can't imagine......

My dad has always used a snowblower so I've never shoveled before other than as a kid to "help" him. Now that they live in a townhouse community, their driveway is done for them. However, it's done at all sorts of random times so he kept the snowblower when they moved and still does the driveway when needed.

I'm watching U2 videos on youtube right now. I hope it annoys the hell out of the houseguest, who still doesn't seem to know his boundaries about noise after midnight. He can't come in here and watch tv right now :sad: poor baby......

I bought gifts today. Well most of them. As far as I know the gifts for the MN crowd has been taken care of and I only need to send out money to pay my parents or brother back.

I finished my sister, her boyfriend and got part of my brother. Plus I finished up a few friends. I just have to get the rest of my brother's gift plus his birthday gift is at the end of the month so I need to mail that at the same time. I have zero holiday spirit this year. I usually am the first person to decorate, bake cookies, send cards out, etc. I don't like this....

I know what you mean about holiday spirit, arw. I don't like me not having it this year. I just finished burning 3 CD's of TSO for a co-worker and that helped a bit.

I taped The Muppets.......I fell asleep (I knew I would). I just tossed a tape in and hit record ~ I will watch it this weekend.

Now I have to go to sleep so I can get up and *give joy* at work :happy:

I may stop at World Market and pick up some Guinness and try to make your cake for Christmas Eve, arw. We'll see how I feel.

:| I woke up at 5:30 this morning to the crack of a beer can. :angry: GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got up at 3:30 pm yesterday, went to the gas station for chips and beer, and then sat on the chair doing nothing. He never leaves the house to do anything but buy beer, tobacco, and chips. :mad::mad::mad:

I just had the last 2 days off, work today, then have 2 more days off :huh: I hate that. We're slow the next few weeks so I'll have to dip into the PTO fund as we're all on mandatory 3 days off a week...if not more :yikes: I have xmas day off too. I'm hoping I can talk my sister into driving to Joshua Tree soon with all the time off I have. I'm dying to go back.

But anyways today is going to be hard to get into the groove of things at work. I always have a hard time planning out things when I have a day off, work a day, and then am off again.

5:30 in the morning to the crack of a beer can???! Wow. Did he pour it on his Wheaties? Wasn't his brother coming and then they were both leaving? Did I just hallucinate that..............which is possible considering my melting brain

The State Emergency Operations has just been activated for tomorrow :crack:
Bedtime is about to take hold right now. Will have to get up at 3:30-ish to check the not so great outdoors for the conditions.
We are now in the 10-12 inch, possibly more band of predicted snow.
They are saying thundersnow which could bring 2-3 inches in an hour.

I have pushed everything from Friday into Saturday and then Sunday mom has baking and cooking plans for me.............I personally have wrapping and finishing shopping plans :der:

Oh and today I went to WM and purchased Guinness for a certain persons cake which will more than likely be made by me for Christmas Eve/Christmas dessert.............we will see if it makes it to the cake :wink:

I think I have to get 3 more gifts. I've definitely cut back this year.

The new Muppet's Christmas special can not hold a candle to "A Muppet Family Christmas" :grumpy:

A co-worker watched it last night and he liked it...........I didn't have him pegged for a Muppets person :heart:

Sometime Saturday I will watch it

Hey Shari I think I'll take some of that Money Pit laugh away from you right now and use it.....

Got to work today to find out not only did my hours for today get cut in half and I had to leave at 6 but I, along with most of my coworkers, have ZERO hours next week. ZERO, NONE, NOTHING, OFF FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK.....those that are scheduled are only there for 4-6 hours 1 or 2 days the entire week. Only our Sous Chef, that's in charge right now due to our boss being in Europe for 3 weeks, will get all of his hours and then some.

Oh there's more.......there might not be ANY hours available until early to mid Jan. I'm not talking Jan 1 in terms of "early" either. I barely have enough PTO for next week. I barely get by when I have zero OT on my check. I'm so, so, so fucked it's beyond words right now. I almost fainted when I found out. My supervisor is scheduled 25 hours but thinks she'll be cut some of those. She has enough PTO for 3 full weeks so she's not as upset by this right now but she's still really nervous. We both are first in line for OT and really depend on those extra hours. She felt awful that I had ZERO hours while the two new people, that we clearly do not need since I haven't gotten as much OT since they started, got at least 1 day. She said she fought for me to get at least 1 but didn't get far. I don't even think our boss knows. His boss did this but ultimately his boss is my boss and would have done this regardless of him being there or not.

So......tonight I'm buying a 1 way ticket home. I told my Sous Chef to call at some point in the next few weeks to let me know when I should buy a return. To be honest, I think I want to stay here. I have no money and no one to hang out with while my sister is at work but I'm just not in the travelin' mood. Especially since I have no money to spend while I'm home. But I really want to go home too so I will, if I can get a flight that's not ridiculous.

I'm so frustrated. :angry::mad: Good thing I quit Target :up: :happy::|

I'll have to look there. I found one on Sat night for $176. I don't want to rush out of here tomorrow but I do want to be home by early Sun afternoon for the family Hanukkah party so I really only have Sat to go.

I just talked to the boy to let him know. He seemed really excited. I know my family on Sun will be surprised to see me. I'm just really scared about the no source of income thing after next Thurs. Even if I do get scheduled at work for the coming weeks, it will be part time and I'll be out of PTO. :scream:

well I got it down to a big fat $169.50 :barf: On my credit card :barf: I'll have to book a flight back next week for probably the same....:uhoh: I should have probably looked at return flights for the hell of it.... whoops.

well I completely screwed myself now but whatever. The return flights for any day other than Jan 2 are way too much. I think I may have to work on Dec 31/Jan 1 so I'd have to be back by the 30th. :angry:

:hyper: OMG :faint: I think the asshole is leaving soon! I just heard him say to my sister's bf that they'll have the house to themselves on NYE unless they go somewhere, then the house will be empty. :hyper::wave: See ya!!!

I was actually really looking forward to being here that week with my sister and the bf gone. They told the houseguest they want to go out of town and he can't be here doing nothing whether I'm here or not. So I figured it would just be me and the girls. I really enjoyed my week alone over Thanksgiving, despite the barking dog at night. Ah well....I'll be with the boy instead. :heart: He said he's going to be up all night trying to figure out where to take me next week. :cute:

Hey Shari I think I'll take some of that Money Pit laugh away from you right now and use it.....

Got to work today to find out not only did my hours for today get cut in half and I had to leave at 6 but I, along with most of my coworkers, have ZERO hours next week. ZERO, NONE, NOTHING, OFF FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK.....those that are scheduled are only there for 4-6 hours 1 or 2 days the entire week. Only our Sous Chef, that's in charge right now due to our boss being in Europe for 3 weeks, will get all of his hours and then some.

Oh there's more.......there might not be ANY hours available until early to mid Jan. I'm not talking Jan 1 in terms of "early" either. I barely have enough PTO for next week. I barely get by when I have zero OT on my check. I'm so, so, so fucked it's beyond words right now. I almost fainted when I found out. My supervisor is scheduled 25 hours but thinks she'll be cut some of those. She has enough PTO for 3 full weeks so she's not as upset by this right now but she's still really nervous. We both are first in line for OT and really depend on those extra hours. She felt awful that I had ZERO hours while the two new people, that we clearly do not need since I haven't gotten as much OT since they started, got at least 1 day. She said she fought for me to get at least 1 but didn't get far. I don't even think our boss knows. His boss did this but ultimately his boss is my boss and would have done this regardless of him being there or not.

So......tonight I'm buying a 1 way ticket home. I told my Sous Chef to call at some point in the next few weeks to let me know when I should buy a return. To be honest, I think I want to stay here. I have no money and no one to hang out with while my sister is at work but I'm just not in the travelin' mood. Especially since I have no money to spend while I'm home. But I really want to go home too so I will, if I can get a flight that's not ridiculous.

I'm so frustrated. :angry::mad: Good thing I quit Target :up: :happy::|

YouTube - Tom Hanks - The money pit

Willing to share.
:hug:. EEK.
I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better.
:hug: seems to sum it up best

Going home sounds good :up:

So yeah, I just got back in from shoveling. I got a quarter of the driveway done. Was out there for an hour. Monster drifts and what I cleared is snow covered and drifting shut again :|
The best thing? Dad tried the snow blower and it would turn on, sputter a bit and then turn off. He did that 5 times. A dead snow blower :happy:

I just called in.
Non critical Milw. County workers are being told to stay home.
Hundreds of schools are shut down (I enjoyed the sheriff deputy who commented, "the kids are off school so they will want to go to a movie or the mall". When I had a snow day as a child, there is NO way my parents would have taken me anywhere. If school was shut down cuz of snow, then shoveling or homework or home stuff was done)
It is Snowmageddon or a Snowpocalyspe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom