Quiery about people with no hands/fingers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Ok...

You may get a little insight into the workings of my brain here but...

With people who have no hands or no fingers, if they are getting married, what do they do about the ring part of the cermony? Do they still use rings? Do they use something else? Necklace? Bracelette? Maybe even an earring or a toering?

Seriously...whats the ettiquite here?

PS - I cant believe Seinfeld never used this topic.

That is a question that is going to bug the shit out of me until there is an answer. Seriously. Thank you very much. Now I am going to be checking the damn forum every 10 min just becuase of that. Wait. I do that already. *sigh* This place is like the crack pipe. I just can't put it down. :mad:

Angel said:
Do you know anyone that hasn't any hands or fingers?

I knew a girl in college who didn't have any arms, but this question never came up. I hope somebody can give us some insight.

This girl I knew was unbelievable with her feet. In fact, it was very easy to forget that she didn't have arms because she did everything so naturally with her feet. It was pretty amazing.

I know your joking here bono-man...but,
I can relate to this,.
A woman I have become good friends with in the past couple of years, her husband has one arm. I heard he was badly injured in a car accident a decade or so ago and presumed he lost it then. But she told me he lost it when he was 14, playing silly buggers with a car with his mates. Made me realise she has never had his "arms" around her and me being me, I felt a bit sad about that. And then I was stunned to think of all he has done( such as build a truly spectacular house)with only one arm.
Another aside to my aside, one of my male Irish ancestors cut his hand off in a work accident in the early days of Sydney and died some time later of infection...poor bloke. I've only found that out recently and now I'm wondering if he was a musician.

So the old "look ma no hands" attracted my attention.
As to etiquette? I'm sure you'd work it out. Good luck.

PS: my friend with the one armed husband is 40 next week and a woman rang me seriously yesterday and asked can I use my net "connection" to get either INXS or Russell Crowe to send her a birthday greeting....yeah sure!!! Me and Big Russ, like that. Will Bono do? The girls........such faith:)

cass said:

PS: my friend with the one armed husband is 40 next week and a woman rang me seriously yesterday and asked can I use my net "connection" to get either INXS or Russell Crowe to send her a birthday greeting....yeah sure!!! Me and Big Russ, like that. Will Bono do? The girls........such faith:)

:lol:

She went away to college where it snowed.
I sent her some wool socks.
She wrote back, thanking me for the warm gloves.

cass said:
I know your joking here bono-man...but,
I can relate to this,.

No...I was being serious, I want to know.

Come on peoples...

Ok, I know there are people out there with bugger-all else to do with their time (come lie now, I know there is!) so, its your task for the week to investigate this and come back to this thread and post your response.

You have until next Thursday kids...go!

hey B man...another aside...
if ever you go to Wooli pub ( don't go there this week end, they are pulling goannas, scary stuff imho) check up behind the bar. It is a fishing port so there is a large sharks head mounted on a plaque. Hanging out of that is an artifical arm and hand. A bit gruesome I thought when i first noticed it.
Since meeting my friend she told me ,amidst great laughter ( you had to be there) that it her hub's arm. He only had it for a week, and hated the thing. So he stuck it in the shark's mouth at the pub and there it has remained ever since.

Back
Top Bottom