QUICK! how do turn someone down gently??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DeathBear

The Fly
Yipes. i have a problem. See there's this guy in a couple of my classes and he's hinting that we should go out....but i just can't...not with him. i have problems investing emotionally...and i just don't have the time for any kind of relationship. We talk sometimes on AIM...but i'm just not interested....

help!

i usually just get drunk and let the beer goggles take over.

nah! zoney's right.

zoney! said:
TELL HIM THE TRUTH

why are people so afriad of being honest?

I would tell him the truth too.

Lying to people just makes you feel guilty, well it always makes me feel bad. I think he would appreciate that more :up:

zoney! said:
TELL HIM THE TRUTH

why are people so afriad of being honest?

:yes:

Seriously ... just tell him you're not really looking to date people right now. There's no shame in that. I know when I was in college there was a time in college where I was dealing with some stuff and between classes and work, I was far too busy for relationships. Honesty is always the best policy.

Just tell him what you told us - you don't feel up to a relationship right now. I had the same kind of thing happen to me once - this guy asked me out when I was having a rough time getting my life in order and the last thing I wanted to do was deal with a relationship. So that's what I told him.

(Actually, I wouldn't have dated that particular guy even if I wanted to be in a relationship and he was the last man on earth, but I didn't tell him that. :wink:)

The truth was told :)
thanks guys!

although i think he's a little weird about it now...and he's in two of my classes...but hell...i need to prioritize and he's not on my list.

deathy a girlie? i remember the ol' deathbear and me having some discussion whether he was a she or not. he once said his name was francisca behemoth. that was enough evidence for me!

relationships are so fucking complicated that way.. like how to figure out if someone's actually into you or not, either if your into them or not. .. how to be truthful and still polite.. how to figure out if someone's being polite or truthful. oi vey.

SkeeK said:
relationships are so fucking complicated that way.. like how to figure out if someone's actually into you or not, either if your into them or not. .. how to be truthful and still polite.. how to figure out if someone's being polite or truthful. oi vey.

Get married...all that stuff goes right out the door...hehe

Back
Top Bottom