Questions about moving to/staying in the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
I just have a question for anyone who might know...I am currently studying in London, and I'm hoping to stay here after my masters program is completed (around sept of '03). I know it's especially difficult to get a job in the UK now, being from the states (or anyone who isn't a british national). :huh: I'm still going to attempt to look around at jobs, and also, I've heard of BUNAC, a program where I can pay to stay here after school for 6 months and work. Basically, though, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this sort of thing or has any suggestions. :scratch: I'd welcome any and all thoughts! I love it here and don't want to leave! :grumpy: Thanks!!! :D

I've never worked overseas, but I'm considering doing the BUNAC program this summer. You just have to be a student (or recently graduated), and you can get a work permit for up to six months. I think the program fee is around $250.

According to the website , these are the only qualifications:
You must be currently a full-time student taking at least eight credit hours or more, matriculated towards a degree at an accredited US or Canadian college or university. You must enter Britain to begin the program within one semester of your last period of full-time study - the ?semester of eligibility?.

You must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen holding a US passport (not a permanent resident/ Green Card holder). It is your responsibility to obtain a valid US passport.

Participants can now take part on the Work in Britain program for a second time for up to six months and in another calendar year. Returning applicants must again meet all eligibility requirements and must obtain a new Blue Card before entering Britain. Applicants are not able to use the same semester of eligibility and participation cannot be six months back to back, ie, participants must be back in school in the US for at least one semester before being eligible to apply for a second Blue Card.

The program requires you to bring a minimum of $1000 to Britain, but we strongly urge you to bring more (as much as $1500 if possible), especially if you plan to live in London. You don't need to have it all in cash of course although you will need some cash in-hand (in pounds) and travelers' checks.

hehe...singer man doesn't call ever...

Canadian or US uni???:sad: :( :sad: Damn. :rant: My uni isn't good enough??? Ok, ok...breathe...well, yes, i'm agreeing with the marrying consensus here...

Back
Top Bottom