Questions about Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are so many different levels of love
that it's hard to answer this one

aim high though

1) You know your being loved when you keep falling deeper and deeper in love with another and theres is no barrier that can stop it from swallowing you both whole.

2) You feel absolutely dead inside and your soul is basically ripped to shreds, spat out and is just a piece of cold flint hanging in your chest. You become a bitter twisted shell, a shadow of your former self.

--This could be transcribed into some really bad poetry--

Only you know the answer to #2 and if you do it doesn't matter what the answer to #1 is.

1. You know you are being loved when another is giving of themselves (emotionally, spiritually, physically - not just material things) to you unconditionally.

2. You are no longer in love when you no longer want to work at giving of yourself to another unconditionally.

Neither aspect is based on a "feeling" inside.....

:lmao:

Honestly though...I truly think that you have to go with your gut feeling. There is no cookie cutter answer. All relationships are unique.

i almost agree with nbc, but looking at these facts - you'll never "know" if you're being loved or if it's just counterfeit.

So i think nbs analysis is verry good but you also should try to take a deep look inside the person (you're unsure wether she loves you or not) AND a deep look inside you :)

Imho it's much easier to feel and realize #2 (How do you know you no longer love) than #1 or #3 How do you know if you love someone ;)

Interesting subject, worth a FYM-thread :wink:

Last edited:
"How do you if you love someone..." is indeed easy to feel.

And actually, it's true that you'll never know if you're being truly loved by someone. There might be some hints, some signs, but you can't be in the other's heart and mind.
Scary, isn't it ?

Another question could be : What's more important : to love or being loved ?
(you can love someone who doesn't love you and you can be loved by someone you don't love ! What's the worst ?)

Love to all ! :wink:

MissMaCo
Thanks for the invitation ;) i'll try

Well it's easy to find out if you're fallen in love (enamoured) but of course that's different than loving somebody, isn't it? :)

>Another question could be : What's
>more important : to love or being loved ?

huh, i think it's like - what is more important getting fresh air into your loungs or out *laugh*
Everyone should love somebody and be loved by that person :)

And if you are in love with someone you love, you don't need a proof for it, you can trust this person if he/she tells you "i love you" :)

MissMaCo said:

Another question could be : What's more important : to love or being loved ?
(you can love someone who doesn't love you and you can be loved by someone you don't love ! What's the worst ?)

Love to all ! :wink:

This reminds where this girl was told by her father that "If you would be loved then first you must love and be lovable." However as the story evolves it is in fact someone else's love for her that teaches her how to love and be lovable.

I really don't know which is more important, although I believe reciprocated love allows the love of both people to grow and strengthen. I hope I find it one day!

Reciprocated love is ideal of course.
But does it really exist ? I mean, are we made to love on the same levels ? Isn't there always one who loves more ?

(don't want to sound to pessimistic :wink: )

MissMaCo said:
Reciprocated love is ideal of course.
But does it really exist ? I mean, are we made to love on the same levels ? Isn't there always one who loves more ?

True equal committment is difficult, if not impossible, on our own.

I find that our mutual, higher committment draws us closer together on equal terms.

A_Wanderer said:
You feel absolutely dead inside and your soul is basically ripped to shreds, spat out and is just a piece of cold flint hanging in your chest. You become a bitter twisted shell, a shadow of your former self.

so...like you feel after eating Taco Bell?

"Another question could be : What's more important : to love or being loved ?
(you can love someone who doesn't love you and you can be loved by someone you don't love ! What's the worst ?)"

To be loved by someone you don't love is by far better, for yourself, than it is to love someone who doesn't love you.
Love is a great feeling, reciprocated or not. But, if unrequited, the bad surely outweighs the good.
It's a complete blow to your confidence, it makes you question yourself. That's never a good thing.

It feels bad if you don't love someone who loves you, too. But in this case, it's the good that outweighs the bad.

Requited love all the way, baby.

Back
Top Bottom