Questions about a road trip to Grand Canyon/Las Vegas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O'Sheas might be a great place for you guys to gamble a bit. The tables minimums are lower than the rest of the strip. $1 beer, they play good music so the crowd is pretty young. It is smokier and definitely not as shiny as it's neighbors. I can't believe this one hasn't been torn down yet.

I stopped in there in April, lured by the promise of cheap blackjack tables. Which, of course, were all full. :grumpy:

I didn't like the vibe. Too many rowdy guys wearing backwards baseball caps, and beer pong tables. I later found my cheap tables at the Sahara, and won $110. Cha-ching!

So how 'bout an update. :wink:

A little Vegas sleaze would be nice :hyper:

An update?

Alright, well I lost my wallet 2 days before arriving in Vegas. Inside my wallet, of course, was my drivers licence. So I had no identification the first night in Vegas and I drank close to an entire handle of Svedka vodka and passed out face first on the bathroom floor after trashing my hotel room at the Stratosphere.

Luckily, one of my friends was flying in the next day so he brought my SS card and my birth certificate and I was able to get a Nevade state ID from the DMV just off the strip.

I proceeded to lose nearly 400 dollars at the roulette table and another 60 after I was swiftly eliminated from a No Limit Texas Hold 'em tournament that I entered.

I met my friends on the strip, and we all spent too much money at the Olympic Gardens strip club.

We ate at some fine restaurants.

I was able to win some money back the next day at the blackjack tables. I asked a lifeguard at the hotel pool to marry me and she patted me on the head and laughed and said "you're cute" (the worst response I could have possibly gotten)

I was offered crack cocaine at 2 in the morning when I was at the slot machines. I refused the offer. I went on the thrill rides at the top of the Strat...they were fun.

The Grand Canyon was overcast and rainy and underwhelming.

But the best part of the trip was the 4 days we spent at Rocky Mountain National Park. We saw a huge black bear eating out of a dumpster right outside of our cabin. We saw elk, sheep, snakes, and huge white birds. We hiked to a gorgeous waterfall and up to some really nice and picturesque lakes. And we went horseback riding and white-water rafting. The white-water rafting might have been the highlight of the entire trip, actually. We had a crazy raft leader nicknamed 'Skywalker' (no joke) who showed us a hell of a time.

It was a good trip.

I'm still alive.

:applaud:

I think most of us could have guessed where you would have the most fun on this trip. :) Lots of opportunities for wonderful occurances in the mountains, as long as you use common sense. Sounds like you guys had a great time there.

As for the rest,well...........you survived, and didn't get married. :hyper:

Welcome to Las Vegas :lmao:

That's the place :wink:

Glad you had a good time GAF, sounds like a great trip. Posting pics?

Yes, actually I can post some pics once my friend sends me them off her camera.

Some of them might be a little bit risque though, so consider yourself warned!!!

:D

So I had no identification the first night in Vegas and I drank close to an entire handle of Svedka vodka and passed out face first on the bathroom floor after trashing my hotel room at the Stratosphere.

Um ............................ yay?

Back
Top Bottom