Question to those married, or those who've been to weddings....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
ooooooooooooook, I have only ever been to uhm........1,2,3.......6 weddings in my life, and I def wont be at my own, so what about u? All my cousins apart from one and me are married!!! :ohmy:
Actually I fancy the arse of my cousin.......he looks a cross between Moulin Rouge Ewan and one of my fav top-tip actor - Giovinni Rubisi (?????? ballax if thats spelt wrong)..or Rubicubi fuk or other.......but anyway he snot rushin..............

The biggest I have been to was my cousin Suzannes.......it was fairytale land, with real horsies and carriage and castle-reception (Belfast Castle), and not a damn ting went wrong.....even the weather was on her side.......

The only ting that was funny and that appeared in my other cousins wedding video was watching my two other cousins (yes, its confusin, I know), start to titter and giggle and struggle to reserve themselves when the organist started playin a hymn ever-so-slightly out of tune..........the BEST thing to catch on camera!!!!!!!! :lol:........they were like :lol: and we were like :lol:.......:D

anyway, thats all thats gone wrong at any wedding I have ever been too.....

but I was really embarrassed to be at my exish-mates last Oct ( I tink - I STILL have to go round and get a copy of the video they have for me!!!!!!!!) - I was in a suit with flower and wee top on.....I told her I'd be there a bit late, when I got there like 15 pple were left out of at least 25 who went......:ohmy: and I truly felt a bit overdressed........I still feel guilty about it but mum says its cause Ive only ever experienced bigga weddins...............so like..............it was a little quickie thrown-together-for-the-sake-of-it weddin she had.....

anyway enough enough!

How did ur day go if u did, or if you've been to others (no fecking doubt! :rolleyes:.) - did anything ever go wrong?????????????

Like:

Instead of a brilliant beautiful sunny hot day
...It pissed like hailstones on a Winters day?

Instead of walking up the alter, vows exchanged, everythang perfect
...The poor groom/bride maybe fainted/screamed/cryed/started squealing with delight at what they were doin?

Instead of having gorgeous hot delicious food
...the food tasted like something your ex made? Or rather like something u'd by at 'Bob's Yucky Diner'?

Instead of a lovely silence while speeches were made or a lovely 'silentish' glow of chat comin from the tables over dinner
....Somebody dropped the loudest McPhart in history while the rest of the guests struggle to keep their corks up their asses in position?

Instead of lots of slow-dancin, fun-dancin at the disco part
.....Your Uncle gets up and starts dancin like its 1950? Or Ronnie starts loosin his arms and legs all over the dance-floor? (includin whappin the bride up the face with that loose hand)

anythang like above?

no?

yes?

Hewson? Hewson - my first husband?

:D

****I dont mind if no-one answers, as Im zoomin off anyhoo******

:D

Last edited:
After my Dad walked my sister down the aisle and gave her away, he stumbled and tripped over the train of her dress:eek:

At a cousin's wedding, when the preacher asked for the rings, she went running down the aisle- she had left her husband's ring on the back of the toilet! :eek: :laugh: :eek:

A few elaborations on my Waterworld wedding...My wife's sister(maid of honor) walked down the aisle with baggies on her shoes due to the rain, all you could hear was "crunch, crunch, crunch"...my wife then entered scowling because in the confusion of getting into the limo without getting soaked, someone locked her bouquet inside her house and she was without it...the priest was wearing a neckbrace, and almost took a dixie while delivering communion, of course that was the first thing that made the bride smile.

My wedding day- A perfect day in October, we had about 250 people-everyone was seated in church and I was in the back waiting w/ my best man. The wedding should have started and they kept telling my bride wasn't here. I was nervous. I was like where the hell is she? It was 30 minutes later that they told me she had been in the bathroom trying to (go) with 3 bridesmaids holding her dress. Anyway, the rest of the wedding went off perfectly, just a little scare in the beginning.

mad1 said:
Oh my G...... Out Of Control!!!!!!!!!

ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT U WERE A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!

:ohmy:

Hmmmm? Why is that? Do I write like a girl? I'm not sure if their is another out of control, but as you can see, I'm a newbie.

How does that song go?
Dumb dumb de dumb, Dumb dumb de dumb...slipped on a banana skin and went for a ride......j/k

Well no fairytale here maddie, even way back then I could not spend money on myself when there are kids starving somewhere in the world. We KIS (kept it simple), a sunny day, a frangipani tree, my best friend, my sister and my parents oh and my Mickel.

I picked a jonquil from the garden and we exchanged vows about being individuals but ONE:) in front of the Sheriff of Grafton ( only thing that would have been better was if he was the "Sherriff of Nottingham")
We had a gathering a few days later, lots of friends and family and music and laughter. It was my 21st anniversary a couple of weeks ago....so anything's possible. I plan to dance at your wedding maddie in my big'arsed big girl's see-thru blouse. That is a promise not a threat:D

I have heard some great wedding disaster tales, but all the ones I have attended ran smoothly .

My day went off pretty well. It snowed 3 days earlier, so I was nervous about that (I got married in April) but the weather warmed up a bit for us, although it was very breezy. The only thing that happened was that, just as the priest was about to wrap things up, the fire whistle started honking at the fire station which is right near the church. So we all had to wait for the whistle to stop. Finally the priest just said, "I'll take my note from that," and sang the little diddy he was waiting to do.

Back
Top Bottom