Question for those who saw Naked chef (Jamie Oliver) series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What accent is that? It's interesting how he sort of "eats" certain letters as he talks - is it cockney?

I've never been able to tell.. but on one episode he went back "home" to his parents house, and it seemed to be in the countryside of England.. maybe in the north.. but I dunno :shrug: :wave:

pukka tucker

I don't know if he is genuine or a "mockney" as suggested. But I know I like his style. I LOVE cooking shows, I have learned a lot from them over the years and some, such as Rick Stein's "Fruits of the Sea" are also like travel docos:drool:
"Gourmet Ireland" it had travel AND accents :drool: :drool: Have you ever seen that show?Jeannie and Paul Rankin, a couple working in the kitchen, the relationship dynamics between them was quite hilarious I thought( he was a bit of a chauvinist,a cute chauvinist...who can cook and is witty, we'll forgive him).
Jamie Oliver is very popular in Oz. He visits regularly to promote his books and videos. His luncheon meet and greets sell out immediately....to drooling housewives:sexywink: :drool: :angel:
I think his main appeal is his obvious enjoyment of fresh food and it's place in human interaction . He makes it funky and fun.

woops I got started....food:silent:

I LOVE JAMIE :drool: ...His wife just had their second child last week I believe...if first daughter is so cute :)He also has a band called Scarlet Division, and they are pretty good :) Jamie plays drums and is damn sexy doing it!!!

Lori:mac:

I was just leafing through one of his cookbooks the other night to copy recipes down. We use one of his bread recipes all the time around here and it is just great. :up: Never seen the TV show tho, so I have no clue about the accent. However, if he writes anything like he talks, it must be funny. Recipe directions..."slowly, but confidently bring in the flour..." :lol:

sweet news Lori, ty.
As I was typing up my reply, I was wondering did he have a baby and called her Polly? I didn't know he had 2!!!
Congrats Mr & Mrs Oliver.

Some of his TV shows are shown here, and his 3rd book has been translated here! (the translation is quite funky too)

(we have all 3 at home, too. Apparently our whole family is fans of Jamie) :yes:

Last edited:
cass said:
sweet news Lori, ty.
As I was typing up my reply, I was wondering did he have a baby and called her Polly? I didn't know he had 2!!!

He's got another daughter called Poppy who hs only just turned one.

the accent is definitely 'mockney'. What with all his 'pukka's and all that! I've never tried any of his recipes, but they do look pretty good.

cass said:
sweet news Lori, ty.

Yes his first daughter is Poppy and the new one is Daisy...hmmm...notice a trend there...lol. Poppy is so cute and she has hair just like her daddy :)...the same haircut it looks like too! :lmao:

Lori:mac:

I saw his 'Oliver's Twist' show for the first time today, and he seems kinda weird, like he's uncomfortable in front of a camera or something. Which is no big deal I spose lol.
He recommended if you dont have access to certain fresh herbs and things for his recipes, that you go and steal them from someone's garden. He happened to be cooking for 3 police friends of his when he said it too.

Back
Top Bottom