Question for the Aussies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My mom is in Sydney right now and I told her to buy me some U2 stuff.
tongue.gif

Where are the good places to go?

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

It depends what you want Sicy- seeing as though U2 havnt toured here in awhile you wont really find anything too different here, what I mean is that if you were to go into the conventional record/cd shops like HMV your Mum will only find the same cds, singles and videos that you could probably get in America anyway, but if she was to go into a second hand record shop or collectors shopshe would find some pretty cool things- the only bummer is that I dont know where any of these are in Sydney- I know of some good ones in Brisbane though
smile.gif

Anyway if you havnt got them already by some other means, maybe you could ask her to get you the two Walk On singles- one has a blue cover the other a red one- I bought them on Saturday and they are very good- apparently they are special Aussie releases and one of them has a video of 'Stuck' on it and it is a different clip to the one they released and one of the cds has a great live version of Gone
smile.gif

Cool, thanks Vanessa. I wouldnt mind getting the Walk On with the Stuck vid on it!

Yeah I didnt know if maybe you guys had different things we have or what not. I told her to find me posters cuz I dont usually find many posters around where I live.

biggrin.gif

Funny Wanderer

2 places in Sydney, Red Eye Records which is smack in the middle of the city, and Utopia Records, also in the city, have loads of U2 stuff. Old/Rare/Import/Bootleg + memorabilia stuff. They have a website www.redeyerecords.com.au and you can check their stock. But yeah, for your standard Walk On singles or whatever, try HMV.

hey my dad is in berlin and i told him the same thing!

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 12-16-2001).]

u should also check out the previous singles form the albums because we got extra tracks and things that America didn't.
As Tyler said, red eye is about the only place to go for U2ey stuff in Sydney.
Its in King St Sydney and has a big red eye on the window.

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
www.redeyerecords.com.au

Except that the f***n' websites not working? Is this the correct address? It would be a shame if that site's gone. It was really good. The store's def. still there though. And like Manda said, check out the old weirdo singles we have, also for some reason HMV (Pitt St Mall) in the city often stock old singles, loads of Achtung Baby ones.

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
yeah I hear you have to go to Angela Harlem's house for the really good stuff

You suck wombat boy
tongue.gif

Red Eye like tyler said is prolly your best bet (if he can get the right web addy!). There is one place at Circular Quay, Im not sure of the name of it, but its right near the McDonalds, she'll be able to find it no worries if its still there. Its not a record store, but more like one of those movie type stores, but for some reason used to have odd U2 collectables and stuff. These sound like poor directions, but if its still open she'll find it. Also Pitt St. Mall. Good searching!

Hope she finds ya stuff
smile.gif

Get her to go to Brisbane...it's nicer
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I guess she'll just have to settle for second best this time around.
wink.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Ok my mom cracks me up.

She found Red Eye Records and Utopia and she says they were out of Walk On.

So I told her to just grab any U2 singles she sees. LOL.

And is HMV a store or something? I told her to go there wherever it is. Hehehe.

Back
Top Bottom