Question for Prog fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rushu2

The Fly
Can anyone recommend a Spock's Beard album? I want to buy an album of theirs but I'm not real familiar with them. Are the albums with Neal Morse better?

The albums with Neil Morse are most definitely better. I wouldn't bother with the later stuff.

For me, the best two albums are, by far, Day For Night and V. Day For Night has classics like the title cut, Skin, and The Distance To The Sun, while V has At The End Of The Day (probably my favorite track) and the massive epic The Great Nothing.

I'd go with one of those two albums first. They also did an interesting double concept album called Snow (the last one with Morse), but it's a bit uneven and meanders pointlessly in places. Beautiful packaging, though.

IMHO Snow, V and The Light are the best ones with neal morse. I lost interest in them when he left. His new Cd is really good, if you haven't heard it, I highly recomend it

Thanks! I did wind up buying the newest one (just called Spocks Beard) because it was the only one I could find and I was craving some new music. I'll try to order those online. I did like the newest one but I didn't think it was great, so I'm looking forward to your suggestions!

I second the Day For Night recommendation, and I also think extremely highly of Beware Of Darkness - it has possibly my favourite Spock's Beard song, the incredible Walking On The Wind, not to mention other great songs like The Doorway and Waste Away.

Back
Top Bottom