Question for Premier League fans:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
Should Christiano Ronaldo come back to Man U? Will the anger have blown over by next seasom? Or will he forever be immortalized as the reason England lost the 2006 WC? There is some rumbling that he may be offered a spot on Real Madrid. Do you think it's in his best interest to take that, or will the Man U fans welcome him back as just another guy involved in an odd play and no harm done?

I'm not much of a fan of C Ronaldo, but the reason England lost was because they played badly and were unlucky to go to penalties yet again. Tabloids are just making a big deal out of this as usual.

Ronaldo didn't look so hot yesterday against France. And in my opinion, it was the constant boooos everytime he touched the ball that shut him down more than the French defense. I think his ego may be bruised a bit.

I'm not using him as a scapegoat for Englands departure, we were crap, slightly more so than portugal on the day, what I find so annoying about the little twat, is firstly, putting himself in the shop window for madrid, after SAF stuck up for him in the Ruud/ronaldo incident, & secondly his disgusting behaviour throughout the match, the "friendly" headbutt, the running to the ref to get some action taken, against Rooney, & the little wink to the bench, still the tosser got his come uppance last night, how he didn't get booked for that dive God only knows.
Personally speaking, as a Man Utd fan, i'd say get rid, ther's hardly ever any end product to his runs,& I think it will create a bad atmosphere having him at OT no matter what Utd say in the press.

xaviMF22 said:
he is the scapegoat for the failure of the english team...get over it:|

agreed.

If anything ronaldo's antics made the england team play better. But the manor in how ronaldo did it was terrible.

he's a wanker anyway , he dives all over the place and for united he takes a shot all over the place and misses , he is soo selfish.

vaz02 said:

he's a wanker anyway , he dives all over the place and for united he takes a shot all over the place and misses , he is soo selfish.

The first Portugal game, he was pissing me off with all the dribbling and whatnot, but players like him add excitement to the game, and quite often they make things happen. If nothing else they add a jolt to the team. If he ever learns patience he could become a great, he's still young and has an ego to boot. He'll never be a general like Figo or Zidane, not his style. But I do think the game needs more players that have the flair and energy he has.

I would bet my last penny that Alex Ferguson has been on the phone to the both of them already, or within the next week, warning them that if this whole saga isn't resolved by the start of the season then one (or both) will be out of OT. He will not put up with any messin about, no matter how big name the player is.

My honest opinion about the whole saga:
C. Ronaldo is a disgrace. To try and get another proffesional player sent off is an outrage. And his wink to the bench just proves that was his intention.

I also don't agree that England played poorly before Rooney's sending off. I thought it was a very even game and both teams were playing well before Rooney went.

However after Rooney's sending off, I thought England played fantastic, particularly Crouch and Hargreaves. A performance like that when their backs were against the wall makes me proud to be English. All the England players out there gave their all.

I think it is sad to see a game where one team is playing good honest football, beaten the other team who resort to diving and other unsporting behaviour.

C. Ronaldo's disgraceful antics have knocked England out of this world cup.

Couldnt agree more.

Although England were poor leading up to the Quarter Final, they were brilliant against Portugal...made me proud to be English.

Ronaldo is a diving little shit and deserves to be hounded out of the country. What he did against a fellow teammate is a disgrace!

I really hope he comes back, Rooney punches him in his pretty little face, then Fergie can stick him in Reserves for a couple of months!!

I want to start a hate campaign against him....join me!! :mad:

:)

Not tryin to take parts here but , is funny how you make Ronaldo a devil and want to put him on a cross , as also he was the reason england got knocked out and played bad . The point is , Rooney put his foot on that area of R Carvalho's , u guys have any idea of how low is that ...... And Please dont come to tell Rooney is a saint or such , that scene of him in the Sweeden game was a sign that somethin was coming ..... If Justice as you say existed Rooney should get a year suspension .

For Christ's sake that kind of attack could make impossible Ricardo being a father .....

And again even if he did as such the english says , I say this anything legal , not unfair to help your country is correct , or somebody thinks otherwise . I wonder if the same happened with the other side what people would say ......

Last edited:
i only tolerated ronaldo because he was on man u... i'd have hated him should he have been on any other squad.

but now, not even that's good enough.

get rid of him.

and PLEASE keep ruud, alex. :(

I dont even think Rooney's challenge was deliberate. Ive seen it over and over again and its hard to tell if he meant to or it was an accident.

One thing is for sure, the tackle on Rooney should have been pulled up prior to the incident with England getting a free-kick! Rooney did the right thing, stayed on his feet and fought for the ball! If it was any Portuguese player (or any player from lots of other countries) he would have gone down well before. Sad to see Rooney get punished for trying to do the right thing!

As far as Ronaldo is concerned, the incident didnt even involve him! He didnt need it interfere and I am sure he, plus Rooney's little push on him contributed to the sending off.

I hope he is booed everywhere he goes now...

PS - please sell Ruud to the Toon Alex :)

As soon as Milan has been found not guilty, ruud is an AC Milan player. :sexywink:

And as soon as the cup ends Ronaldo will probably say goodbye for Ma Utd anyway , but will be coz of his will ..........

And now I ask you , which you do you think will lose more with this , Ronaldo or Manchester

BTW One Final Word :

Madrid

J_NP said:
. I wonder if the same happened with the other side what people would say ......

The fact is, in all my years of watching football, I've never once seen an English player, for club or country, actively try to get an opponent sent off, & yes while I agree Rooneys action was stupid, lets not get to silly with the length of ban he should get, he got a straight red card, so the ban should be the same for him as anyone else, why the f*^k are fifa meeting to discuss the length of his ban, when they are quite prepared to overlook figo's intentional head butt, is it me or am I once again detecting one rule for England, & one for everyone else?

just.jpg

Yeah Let's show the true face of 'poor' injusticed , Mr Rooney , SHALL WE ....

chuckchuck2.jpg

After all , that was an "ACCIDENTAL" stamp wasn't it ......

Let's all show big respect for the 'brightest star' of the british team

P.S. Doesn't he really look like .....

.jpg

Last edited:
J_NP said:
Yeah Let's show the true face of 'poor' injusticed , Mr Rooney , SHALL WE ....

chuckchuck2.jpg

After all , that was an "ACCIDENTAL" stamp wasn't it ......

Let's all show big respect for the 'brightest star' of the british team

P.S. Doesn't he really look like .....

.jpg

WOOOOOAH there fella, how dare you call us the british team, its ENGLAND!

yertle-the-turtle said:
^That is completely uncalled for.

Blimey, lighten up people it's only a joke. The above picture is an adaptation of an advert Nike released I think.

There is a big big difference between Britain and England! You were only joking, yeah?....

bono_man said:

That is completely uncalled for.

There is no need for such a graphic picture.

I would advise against mocking another member AND mocking a moderator. Watch it.

Back
Top Bottom