Question for men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Do you think its gay to shave off your body hair? A bloke
at work shaves all his off,he says he needs to because hes a bodybuilder,but im not to sure:eyebrow: I'm not gonna tell him i think hes gay as he is rather large:huh:
Any opinions?

i know you guys are just 'having a larf' but can you please refrain from using 'gay' like it's some sort of disease. there are people of all walks of life that are U2 fans that use these forums...show a little respect please.

ewen said:
i know you guys are just 'having a larf' but can you please refrain from using 'gay' like it's some sort of disease. there are people of all walks of life that are U2 fans that use these forums...show a little respect please.
ok sorry,would the word 'homosexual' be ok?

Well, I'm not sure that I'd say it's "gay"... unless by gay you mean happy, and then maybe I'd be in agreement.

There are a number of reasons people shave their body hair.

Runners and swimmers (and volleyball players, other athletes, etc) for aero/hydro-dynamics.
Wrestlers to prevent hair from being pulled out
Bodybuilders for show-purposes, and probably also for hygeine.

Hair, as you may well know from that which is on your head, is naturally oily, and, whether thats related to the fact that hairs can often trap odours or not, I'm not sure. However, I think it should be evident from any athlete's experience, that body hair does retain odours, and even non-athletes... does hair not keep a shampooey smell, or a cologne/perfume smell? It does. It also retains the sweaty bacteria related odours, 'body odour' as it is generally called. Maybe he shaves/removes his body hair simply to prevent from being a big smelly man?

Many people I know keep themselves well-kempt 'downstairs' for similar reasons; namely smell, sometimes for appearance, but it largely depends on how much sex you're having and whether that's a concern. Of course, this bodybuilder guy might want to shave 'downstairs' simply so that he doesnt smell of sweaty ass. Who knows.

I'm pretty sure it's not gay, though.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Well, I'm not sure that I'd say it's "gay"... unless by gay you mean happy, and then maybe I'd be in agreement.

There are a number of reasons people shave their body hair.

Runners and swimmers (and volleyball players, other athletes, etc) for aero/hydro-dynamics.
Wrestlers to prevent hair from being pulled out
Bodybuilders for show-purposes, and probably also for hygeine.

Hair, as you may well know from that which is on your head, is naturally oily, and, whether thats related to the fact that hairs can often trap odours or not, I'm not sure. However, I think it should be evident from any athlete's experience, that body hair does retain odours, and even non-athletes... does hair not keep a shampooey smell, or a cologne/perfume smell? It does. It also retains the sweaty bacteria related odours, 'body odour' as it is generally called. Maybe he shaves/removes his body hair simply to prevent from being a big smelly man?

Many people I know keep themselves well-kempt 'downstairs' for similar reasons; namely smell, sometimes for appearance, but it largely depends on how much sex you're having and whether that's a concern. Of course, this bodybuilder guy might want to shave 'downstairs' simply so that he doesnt smell of sweaty ass. Who knows.

I'm pretty sure it's not gay, though.
Great answer,thankyou:|

myusernamehere said:
my espn is telling me this thread will have a padlock pretty soon.

espn? ... like... the sports network? or has extra-sensory perception gained a new faculty which I'm not aware of? :p

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

espn? ... like... the sports network? or has extra-sensory perception gained a new faculty which I'm not aware of? :p

hehe.. just a play on words.

sometimes I think of my nostradamus like abilities to be similar to that of a broadcast network.

Or perhaps I'm just smart enough to know a bad thread when I see it.

boystupidboy said:

ok sorry,would the word 'homosexual' be ok?

you know precisely what i'm on about, so stop being 'funny' with me....it ain't big or clever of you. there are people here that are gay and you are making it sound like there's something wrong with being gay with your silly original posting.

myusernamehere said:

It's from laughing at the hilarity that is this thread, isn't it?:|

lol. I am now. No, I did too much at the gym yesterday and then my adorable cousin whom I havent spoken to in ages msn-ed me and Ive been giggling for the past hour and I had sore abs to start with.

ewen said:

you know precisely what i'm on about, so stop being 'funny' with me....it ain't big or clever of you. there are people here that are gay and you are making it sound like there's something wrong with being gay with your silly original posting.
No im not trying to be funny,im asking a question.Is shaving body hair related to gayness,sorry, homosexuality?
Im sorry if you are offended but if it bothers you so much maybe you should look elsewhere
ATB BSB:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom