Question for men - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-26-2005, 03:24 AM   #1
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Question for men

Do you think its gay to shave off your body hair? A bloke
at work shaves all his off,he says he needs to because hes a bodybuilder,but im not to sure I'm not gonna tell him i think hes gay as he is rather large
Any opinions?
__________________

__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:39 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
Aardvark747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Obscured By Clouds...
Posts: 22,359
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Does he shave...'downstairs' too?
__________________

__________________
Aardvark747 is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:45 AM   #3
War Child
 
myusernamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The question is; where are you?
Posts: 768
Local Time: 02:28 AM
What does body hair, or lack thereof have to do with sexual orientation?
__________________
myusernamehere is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
Does he shave...'downstairs' too?
Dont know and i aint gonna ask either
__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:46 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,887
Local Time: 02:28 AM
i know you guys are just 'having a larf' but can you please refrain from using 'gay' like it's some sort of disease. there are people of all walks of life that are U2 fans that use these forums...show a little respect please.
__________________
ewen is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:47 AM   #6
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by myusernamehere
What does body hair, or lack thereof have to do with sexual orientation?
Im not sure but i just get 'them' vibes,if you know what i mean
__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:48 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
beli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a frock in Western Australia
Posts: 15,464
Local Time: 03:28 PM
Is he a big hairy Robin Williams type? or just the usual level of hairiness?
__________________
beli is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:48 AM   #8
War Child
 
myusernamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The question is; where are you?
Posts: 768
Local Time: 02:28 AM
okay
__________________
myusernamehere is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:49 AM   #9
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen
i know you guys are just 'having a larf' but can you please refrain from using 'gay' like it's some sort of disease. there are people of all walks of life that are U2 fans that use these forums...show a little respect please.
ok sorry,would the word 'homosexual' be ok?
__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:49 AM   #10
I serve MacPhisto
 
unforgettableFOXfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,053
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Well, I'm not sure that I'd say it's "gay"... unless by gay you mean happy, and then maybe I'd be in agreement.

There are a number of reasons people shave their body hair.

Runners and swimmers (and volleyball players, other athletes, etc) for aero/hydro-dynamics.
Wrestlers to prevent hair from being pulled out
Bodybuilders for show-purposes, and probably also for hygeine.


Hair, as you may well know from that which is on your head, is naturally oily, and, whether thats related to the fact that hairs can often trap odours or not, I'm not sure. However, I think it should be evident from any athlete's experience, that body hair does retain odours, and even non-athletes... does hair not keep a shampooey smell, or a cologne/perfume smell? It does. It also retains the sweaty bacteria related odours, 'body odour' as it is generally called. Maybe he shaves/removes his body hair simply to prevent from being a big smelly man?

Many people I know keep themselves well-kempt 'downstairs' for similar reasons; namely smell, sometimes for appearance, but it largely depends on how much sex you're having and whether that's a concern. Of course, this bodybuilder guy might want to shave 'downstairs' simply so that he doesnt smell of sweaty ass. Who knows.


I'm pretty sure it's not gay, though.
__________________
unforgettableFOXfire is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:50 AM   #11
War Child
 
myusernamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The question is; where are you?
Posts: 768
Local Time: 02:28 AM
my espn is telling me this thread will have a padlock pretty soon.
__________________
myusernamehere is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:50 AM   #12
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli
Is he a big hairy Robin Williams type? or just the usual level of hairiness?
I cant tell cos hes shaved it all off!
__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:51 AM   #13
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~
Well, I'm not sure that I'd say it's "gay"... unless by gay you mean happy, and then maybe I'd be in agreement.

There are a number of reasons people shave their body hair.

Runners and swimmers (and volleyball players, other athletes, etc) for aero/hydro-dynamics.
Wrestlers to prevent hair from being pulled out
Bodybuilders for show-purposes, and probably also for hygeine.


Hair, as you may well know from that which is on your head, is naturally oily, and, whether thats related to the fact that hairs can often trap odours or not, I'm not sure. However, I think it should be evident from any athlete's experience, that body hair does retain odours, and even non-athletes... does hair not keep a shampooey smell, or a cologne/perfume smell? It does. It also retains the sweaty bacteria related odours, 'body odour' as it is generally called. Maybe he shaves/removes his body hair simply to prevent from being a big smelly man?

Many people I know keep themselves well-kempt 'downstairs' for similar reasons; namely smell, sometimes for appearance, but it largely depends on how much sex you're having and whether that's a concern. Of course, this bodybuilder guy might want to shave 'downstairs' simply so that he doesnt smell of sweaty ass. Who knows.


I'm pretty sure it's not gay, though.
Great answer,thankyou
__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:52 AM   #14
I serve MacPhisto
 
unforgettableFOXfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,053
Local Time: 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by myusernamehere
my espn is telling me this thread will have a padlock pretty soon.
espn? ... like... the sports network? or has extra-sensory perception gained a new faculty which I'm not aware of?
__________________
unforgettableFOXfire is offline  
Old 05-26-2005, 03:53 AM   #15
Refugee
 
boystupidboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Posts: 2,026
Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~


espn? ... like... the sports network? or has extra-sensory perception gained a new faculty which I'm not aware of?
lol
__________________

__________________
boystupidboy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com