Question for Hewson or anyone who's been to Tweeter Cntr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I've never been there but going tonite for first time. I was wondering about a few things.
1) The sound...is it good and loud?
2) Parking ...Is it free? and how is it getting out after the concert? Anything like Foxboro?
3) Plenty of food and beer there?

thanks....

The sound there is usually good.
It may be a bit better in the back sections (4-7) at times than down front (1-3), they have sound panels on the ceiling of the pavillion. I haven't been on the lawn since the 80's, but memory tells me sound was fine out there.

Parking is included in your ticket. Not actually free, as they put a couple of bucks on each ticket for it, but you won't have to pay any extra. There are a couple of lots near the entry you can pay for if you want, they promise a quicker exit.
The lot can be tough to exit for a sold out show, not as bad as Foxboro, but can take an hour. I don't think Alanis is sold out. I usually try to make a quick exit as soon as the encores are over. If you don't mind jogging back to the car, that saves mucho time.

Plenty of overprice food, beer, soda and wine. Typical stuff, hot dogs, nachos, burgers, pretzels, grilled chicken sandwiches etc.

Where you sitting?

Ah, thanks for the answers, i knew i could count on you...
I'm in sec 4 row f....
Oh, and I only live 10 minutes south from Tweeter anyway, suprising that I've never been there.....

Last edited:
Enjoy the show.
I like going to shows there, except for traffic.
Being in 4F, you're in good position to beat the traffic, you'll be close to the exit, and as long as you get ahead of 80% of the crowd, its not bad.

Is it true that they have replaced the lawn with seats? I hope not...that was the best thing about the Tweeter Center...lots of room on the lawn to move around. It definitely beats trying to get out of Foxboro, but Hewson is right, it still takes a while to get out. Have a great time!

Jenn...they did add a section of uncovered seat at what used to be the front of the lawn. The lawn is still there, just a little smaller. Of course they can charge more for the seats, so again $$$ makes the world go round.

ZOOTB: I read in the paper this morning that the crowd was around 5000. The place has a 19,900 capacity, the lawn and new seating must have been empty. I doubt you had too much traffic if thats the case.
How was the show?

Hewson said:
Jenn...they did add a section of uncovered seat at what used to be the front of the lawn. The lawn is still there, just a little smaller. Of course they can charge more for the seats, so again $$$ makes the world go round.

ZOOTB: I read in the paper this morning that the crowd was around 5000. The place has a 19,900 capacity, the lawn and new seating must have been empty. I doubt you had too much traffic if thats the case.
How was the show?

The show was good. She sounds very good live. The fans are a different story tho. This was my first non-U2 concert in about 8 years so I was used to standing and jumping and singing for the entire concert. The crowd stood for maybe the 1st 2 songs, then sat, then stood, then sat. I looked at my sister and said "what the f*&k? are we in church, when do we kneel?". The only time the crowd really got into it, was when she did "oughta know". First I ever heard of this anywhere (but then again, I've never been to Tweeter before), but they actually had sec's 9 - 15 and the lawn completely blocked off with a gate. So I guess the few that had lawn or upper reserved got bumped up to a closer section. I'm actually going there again Saturday (my wife likes country so I'm stuck going to the wklb country music festival, in sec. 13). I just checked ticketmaster and tics are still available so maybe it will be the same and we'll get bumped down closer. Another thing I found out about Tweeter (in case someone else doesn't know) is that you cannot openly drink beer in the parking lot like you can at Foxboro. The event staff and Mansfield police were swarming all over the parking lot, actually going up to people in their cars and asking them to get out and checking ID's and if they were drinking beer told them to get in the show or leave. My sister and I brought a cooler with a six-pack and wanted to just have a couple before we went in. What a task that ended up being just trying to have a beer. After we sneaked a quick beer down ( I haven't chugged an entire beer down since I was about 18), we said to hell with it, not worth it and got out to walk around. The cops were at another car near mine asking the kids if they were 21. We were determined to try to have another beer before having to go in and pay $7 for one, so I went over and asked the cop "can we drink if were over 21?". He said "no". So the cops go over to another car and there's 2 guys with a beer in a clear plastic cup sittin right on the dash. The cop tells him "you gotta at least be discreet". My sister and I look at each other with a big grin and say "That's it, we can drink if we're discreet". So we head back to my vehicle and the car in front of mine had a couple of Mcdonalds cups on the ground, so we scooped them up, washed them out, opened up the back of my truck and enjoyed a beer before the show. While we're enjoying our beers, the guys that had the cups came back to their car and they're looking all over for their cups, under the car and everything. Then the 2 cops I asked earlier went by us and just smiled. My sister and I were laughing our asses off.

Generally form what I've experienced if you pour beer into a cup (not a clear one), and are over 21, you are OK in the parking lot.
I was kind of surprosed at the size of the crowd. Sounds like the promoter should have booked her at FleetBoston pavillion instead.

Back
Top Bottom