question for ebay sellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
How long do you wait to receive payment from someone that won an auction from you?

I've sold about 10 items in the past 2 weeks. 8 out of those 10 people paid immediately. I haven't sold anything for about a year and from what I remember I got paid for everything within a few days. When I buy stuff I always pay immediately. I know some people are slow or have other stuff to do but if they are online bidding everyday then they should be around to pay.

One of the things I haven't been paid for is just a magazine for $3.00. Big deal. The other auction is a lot more money and the person who won was online outbidding other people almost everyday of the auction. The person who won has one feedback left for them, just this week, and it's a negative non paying comment. This particular auction ended last Sunday along with a few other auctions. All of the other people should have their stuff already since they paid right away and I shipped the next day.

How long should I wait around for this person? I emailed their invoice a day or two after the auction. Then yesterday I emailed them the reminder invoice but considering they have -1 feedback and have made no attempt to contact me I just feel like they aren't going to pay. :mad: I put on all my auctions that payment needs to be received within 7 days. Most people pay up or at least contact me right away. It hasn't been 7 days yet but I've never had zero communication from a winner before.

Should I wait for them? Send a second chance offer to someone else? Relist?

I don't sell, but a lot of times the auctions I look at specify. For example, "payment within XXX day required or item will be relisted and buyer will recieve negative feedback" just so the buyer knows that if they're not using instant PayPal, they have to be prompt with their check.

Yes, I think if the buyer does not pay or contact you within 10 days I would just send a second chance to the next bidder in line. :yes:

I just started selling again so I've forgotten most of time lines, but yes, you should go with the second chance thing but make sure you report them as a Non Paying Bidder. Don't leave a negative because they can come back and leave one for you if they don't get suspended....if they get 3 NPD reports, they're out.

It might seem like a small amount of money but if they're doing this to other people or bidding and paying on other things at the same time they've stiffed you, they deserve to be reported.

I got stiffed over a $50 golf club; buyer never contacted me at all; sent him notice after notice after notice..couples weeks later, I checked his bio= again and by that time he was suspended for doing the same thing; bidding, winning and then disappearing.

Losers!!! :down:

Bono's American Wife said:
I just started selling again so I've forgotten most of time lines, but yes, you should go with the second chance thing but make sure you report them as a Non Paying Bidder. Don't leave a negative because they can come back and leave one for you if they don't get suspended....if they get 3 NPD reports, they're out.

It might seem like a small amount of money but if they're doing this to other people or bidding and paying on other things at the same time they've stiffed you, they deserve to be reported.

I'm going to do this for both of the people who didn't pay. I doubt either will care if they get suspended. One of them has feedback of -1 and the other has 3.

:mad: The second chance offer fell through. I never heard from them either so now I have to relist altogether and wait to see if someone wants the stuff. :madspit:

I have filed 3 NPB in the past month :|

I send payment reminder at 3 days, email at 6 days then file Non Paying Bidder at 7 days... then filel FVC to get my fees back at 10 days. You can relist after you file NPB.

Do all that and they'll get a black mark on their record.

I am also responsible for getting 2 people booted.. because I think I must have been the 3rd person to file NPB. :macdevil:

People need to realize that they bid, they need to pay!!

okay I filed the NPB for both. That felt good! Do you leave negative feedback for them as well? I fear retaliatory feedback so I'm leaning towards not leaving anything. I have a perfect record and I'd like to keep it that way. :)

What's FVC?

FVC is your final credit value...the amount they charge you when your item sells. If the NBP doesn't respond and you don't get paid, you get your final fees back. If someone gets 3 FVC's on their record, they are booted from ebay...I was wrong in my earlier post when I said it was 3 NPB.

You have to file FVC in order for them to get booted. You can do that 10 days after NPB.

A lot of sellers would flame me because I dont leave negative feedback for fear of retalitory feedback. I do feel though that filing the proper forms is more productive than feedback.

arw whats your id?

:mad: bad ebay people

I've finally listed some stuff that is actually selling and I swear to god if they flake out I will find them and get a big knife and cut their legs off :angry:

Back
Top Bottom