question for earthlink users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
is it just me or is it harder and harder to get in touch with earthlink customer support these days?
a couple weeks ago i had that problem with my email/connection settings being changed thinking that someone tried to hack into my account.

i've been trying to contact the customer support twice by email since then.
got no reply.
they used to have a live chat.
not any more, i can't get into that either.
just comes up with the same email submission page.

finally the people at the dell support forums helped me fix the spyware or whatever it was.
but i still hadn't been able to send outgoing email till i finally had to go search the earthlink site and found it in the troubleshooting and fixed it myself.

what's up? it always used to be so easy to go to the customer support chat instead of having to call them on the phone or whatever.

anyone else had problems getting in contact with earthlink customer support?

:|

Yes. I tried to email and chat with them about that damn settings crap too. I finally had to call their outsourced ass and find out that the version of Netscape I use for my email is so damn old the updating of settings doesn't apply to me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have Earthlink dial-up and it just gets slower and slower. I have to log off and log back on, sometimes two times just to get a decent connection.

:mad:

Mr. BAW said:
I was an earthlink subscriber from the start...I never had any problem with their 800 #...have you tried that?

yes, i know i can call them on the phone, but i used to be able to reach them by email or customer support chat. the customer support chat used to be so much easier than trying to call them. now it doesn't work at all, but the link for it is still there.

ABEL said:

what's up? it always used to be so easy to go to the customer support chat instead of having to call them on the phone or whatever.

My parents have PeoplePC dial-up and once I tried to call their support line just for local access numbers for Alabama and they wanted to charge 35 cents a minute! :mad: I just hung up and signed up for a month of Earthlink 1-800 nationwide access number instead.

IPSs these days, sheesh! :rolleyes:

I have problems with my earthlink e-mail all the time but I have never had any problems getting anyone on the phone. I am however, really dissatisfied with their e-mail.

I have Earthlink, but anytime I ever call tech support, I get Indonesia or India or something, and they're just reading from a problem/answer script. I often know more than the support tech, so I usually end up on my own trying to figure stuff out.

:down:

Back
Top Bottom