Question about tickets on ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I was wondering if anyone would know about this. Say there are 2 tics for a concert on sale on ebay. The high bid is like 37.00 for 2 tics. If the high bidder wins for this price, is the seller actually gonna let them go for this price and take a huge loss? Anyone know?
Thanks

Well, a lot of sellers will put a reserve on the price. If the reserve is not met, then they don't have to sell the tickets if the bid price is less than the reserve. So, say the tickets are worth $100 and the bid is $40, but the reserve is $80. They seller doesn't have to sell the tickets until the bid gets up to $80. Of course, they also don't tell you what the reserve is. You have to figure that out as you bid.

Unless the seller has a reserve price, he is bound by Ebay's rules to sell them at that price.
If he has a reserve and its not met, he has no obligation to sell them at a lower price, but can if he chooses.
Edit: or you could just read what Lynne said while I was typing this. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'm gonna give a shot anyway. I already have tics. It's for McCartney Monday at the fleetcenter, but it's sec 320. The ones on sale on ebay are sec 20. Figured I'd try to upgrade and can sell mine to my sister and her boyfriend. Long as I'm not bound to have to buy them at a higher price than what I bid.

Back
Top Bottom